Samsung Galaxy S7 launches today at 7 pm CET in Barcelona at the Unpacked Event. The event starts at 11.30 pm IST, and Samsung has introduced a special app to watch the launch event in a 360-degree VR-style view.
Samsung’s Unpacked 2016 website notes that interested users can watch the 360 live-streaming of the event from their smartphone, be it Android or iOS, and they will get four options from where to watch in the app: from the auditorium, stage left, stage right or from center stage.
So how can you watch the Galaxy S7 launch?
If you have an Android phone (KitKat 4.4 and higher) or iOS device (iOS 6.0 and higher), you need to download the Unpacked 360 View app from the Google Play Store or App Store. Once the app is installed, you can select one of four viewing angles.
Interested users can also watch the event on a PC by heading to the Samsung Unpacked website here.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
If you have a Gear VR headset, then users can go to the Oculus Store and search for the Unpacked 360 View app. Once that is installed, they can watch the launch via the app on the headset.
Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 edge are expected to launch today, and according to the latest rumours, the two will be up for pre-orders soon after launch. Rumours have also claimed that the new S7 series will come with a 2K display along with Force Touch technology that has been seen in Apple’s iPhone 6s series.
Samsung Galaxy S7 is expected to feature two different chipsets based on region: the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC and its own Exynos chipset, a huge 3,600mAh battery, microSD slots.
The new phones could be waterproof as well based on a teaser video that Samsung has put out.