Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has taken the crown for best smartphone camera at DxOMark’s test labs. DxO Labs which thoroughly tests the camera for their inclusion in the DxOMark mobile camera category has rated S7 edge with an overall score of 88.
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has scored one point higher than the previous top scorer Samsung’s own Galaxy S6 edge+ and Sony Xperia Z5, both of which had a score of 87. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge are now down to number 3 in the ranking.
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge comes with a new 12MP image sensor with f/1.7 aperture. DxOMark notes that it helps deliver accurate exposure even in areas where contrast is an issue. The highlight of Galaxy S7 edge has to be its autofocus. In our very own photo test, we remarked how fast Samsung Galax S7 edge focuses on to the subject.
It’s not just images, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has scored 88 in DxOMark’s video test too. DxOMark has appreciated the camera’s ability to preserve details and produce accurate white balance.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge’s camera is great but not perfect. It yields a yellow cast and clips off bright area under high dynamic range scenes. Samsung Galaxy S7 edge produces mostly punchy images with great contrast and high dynamic range but there is an artifact visible in low light, the only flip side of this camera.
The full test result can be accessed from here.