Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has taken the crown for best smartphone camera at DxOMark’s test labs. DxO Labs which thoroughly tests the camera for their inclusion in the DxOMark mobile camera category has rated S7 edge with an overall score of 88.
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has scored one point higher than the previous top scorer Samsung’s own Galaxy S6 edge+ and Sony Xperia Z5, both of which had a score of 87. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge are now down to number 3 in the ranking.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge comes with a new 12MP image sensor with f/1.7 aperture. DxOMark notes that it helps deliver accurate exposure even in areas where contrast is an issue. The highlight of Galaxy S7 edge has to be its autofocus. In our very own photo test, we remarked how fast Samsung Galax S7 edge focuses on to the subject.
It’s not just images, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has scored 88 in DxOMark’s video test too. DxOMark has appreciated the camera’s ability to preserve details and produce accurate white balance.
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge’s camera is great but not perfect. It yields a yellow cast and clips off bright area under high dynamic range scenes. Samsung Galaxy S7 edge produces mostly punchy images with great contrast and high dynamic range but there is an artifact visible in low light, the only flip side of this camera.
The full test result can be accessed from here.