Samsung today launched its flagship Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge in India, well within a fortnight of their global launch at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. The two phones will come with the heavy component of Make in India features as well as Made for India services.
The phones arguable have the best cameras in Android devices, most of which was tested and developed at Samsung’s R&D facility in Bangalore. It is also ready the second largest such facility for the Korean tech giant.
Watch: How Samsung Galaxy S7’s Concierge service works
Samsung vice-president Dr Balvinder Singh said his team multiple user scenarios to perfect the camera which uses a new dual pixel technology to offer better performance in low light.
Powered by Samsung’s own Exynos processors, the phones will offer better network capabilities, says the company. Incidentally, the phone will not be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 procession like in some other markets. The Exynos processor also seems to be letting Samsung offer a competitive pricing of Rs 48,900 for the S7 and Rs 56,900 for the S7 edge.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7: What's different from Galaxy S7, S7 Edge
- Here's how Samsung Galaxy S7 edge stack against iPhone 6s Plus, Nexus 6P
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Concierge Service First Look
- Samsung Galaxy S7 launched in India at Rs 48,900, with free Gear VR; S7 edge at Rs 56,900
- Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 edge compared to the older Galaxy S6, S6 edge
- Video + First Look: The new Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge
Giving some extra value for customers of the premium devices in India, Samsung is now adding a layer of concierge services in the My Galaxy app. Manu Sharma, director mobile at Samsung India, said along with curated services, S7 customers will get to jump the queue at around 400 service centres and will also have pickup and drop facility with the option of getting a standby device if needed. The concierge will be in the form of an on-call personal assistant powered by Haptik, Inc available from 10am to 6pm every day along with a chat service with longer timings.
The curated services will be deep linked in the My Galaxy app and will include partners offering discounted cab, shopping, travel, recharge and local services among others.
While these service add-ons will be limited to S7 customers now, Sharma said they could be extended to users to Galaxy S6 and Note 5 soon.