The Samsung Galaxy S5 is here. The fifth edition of what has been one of the most popular Android devices, carries the same design language forward with minor tweaks. Samsung seems to have decided that it was better to offer the consumers something they identified with instead of offering gimmicky features that might get the eyeballs, but won’t be all that functional.
The phone will be available from April.
DESIGN: The Galaxy S5 features a perforated pattern on the bac and will come in charcoal black, shimmery white, electric blue and copper gold, to complement the style of the individual consumer. The Galaxy S5 is IP67 dust and water resistant. But it still looks the same.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
CAMERA: The biggest upgrade seems to be in the camera, as the Galaxy S5 offers the world’s fastest autofocus speed of 0.3 seconds coupled with advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR). Users can also use selective focus to focus on a specific area of an object while blurring out the background.
CONNECTIVITY: The Galaxy S5 promises the best LTE and Wi-Fi experience and supports the fifth generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac and 2X2 MIMO, and supporting the large number of LTE frequency with LTE Category 4 standard. Plus, there is the Download Booster Wi-Fi technology for boosting data speed by bonding Wi-Fi and LTE simultaneously.
APPS: The device will feature enhanced S Health 3.0, a comprehensive personal fitness tracker to help users monitor and manage their behavior, along with additional tools including a pedometer, diet and exercise records, and a new, built-in heart rate monitor. It will also pair seamlessly with the next generation Gear products for real-time fitness coaching.
BIOMETRIC: The S5 will offer a finger scanner in the Home button, providing a secure, biometric screen locking feature and a seamless and safe mobile payment experience to consumers. Apple’s scanner does not do this at the moment.
It remains to be seen if these features are enough to satisfy Samsung’s customers. Incidentally, the S4 was not as popular as the earlier versions of the flagship phone.