The Samsung Galaxy S5 is here. The fifth edition of what has been one of the most popular Android devices, carries the same design language forward with minor tweaks. Samsung seems to have decided that it was better to offer the consumers something they identified with instead of offering gimmicky features that might get the eyeballs, but won’t be all that functional.
The phone will be available from April.
DESIGN: The Galaxy S5 features a perforated pattern on the bac and will come in charcoal black, shimmery white, electric blue and copper gold, to complement the style of the individual consumer. The Galaxy S5 is IP67 dust and water resistant. But it still looks the same.
CAMERA: The biggest upgrade seems to be in the camera, as the Galaxy S5 offers the world’s fastest autofocus speed of 0.3 seconds coupled with advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR). Users can also use selective focus to focus on a specific area of an object while blurring out the background.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
CONNECTIVITY: The Galaxy S5 promises the best LTE and Wi-Fi experience and supports the fifth generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac and 2X2 MIMO, and supporting the large number of LTE frequency with LTE Category 4 standard. Plus, there is the Download Booster Wi-Fi technology for boosting data speed by bonding Wi-Fi and LTE simultaneously.
APPS: The device will feature enhanced S Health 3.0, a comprehensive personal fitness tracker to help users monitor and manage their behavior, along with additional tools including a pedometer, diet and exercise records, and a new, built-in heart rate monitor. It will also pair seamlessly with the next generation Gear products for real-time fitness coaching.
BIOMETRIC: The S5 will offer a finger scanner in the Home button, providing a secure, biometric screen locking feature and a seamless and safe mobile payment experience to consumers. Apple’s scanner does not do this at the moment.
It remains to be seen if these features are enough to satisfy Samsung’s customers. Incidentally, the S4 was not as popular as the earlier versions of the flagship phone.