For the past many years, the Samsung Galaxy flagship has among been the most anticipated smartphone launches along with the iPhone and the Nexus devices. This year, Samsung launched its Galaxy S5 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in late February. Less than a month later, the phone is ready for its India launch.
We expect Samsung to launch the phone along with the second generation Gear 2 and Gear Neo smartwatches. We would not be surprised of the company launches even the Gear Fit fitness band in the country today.
LIVE: The S5 will be a 3G version and hence won’t have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor. This version will be Octacore with two quad cores.
LIVE: New Samsung devices will start selling on April 11. Galaxy S5 is priced between Rs 51,000 to Rs 53,000. Gear Fit and the Gear 2 Neo will be priced Rs 15,900. the final price of the S5 will be announced around launch date. Pre-booking will start on March 29.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
LIVE: Gear 2 Neo is lighter and cheaper. So it has no camera.
LIVE: Focus now shifts on the Gear 2 and Gear Neo. The smart watches now have better battery life. the camera has thankfully been moved off the strap to the bezel. then there is a Home button too. The interface is more refined and colorful.
LIVE: Rather long list of specs to go through. Our picks are the super fast AF on the camera, fingerprint scanner and water resistant body.
LIVE: Samsung going through the specs of the phone. But we know that already, don’t we?
LIVE: We just need to know the price.
LIVE: There is a rather long show going on now to highlight how all you can use the phone.
LIVE: Samsung brings in all three Gear devices in India. Now for the prices.
LIVE: Ultra power saving is becoming a standard in top-end phones. HTC One M8 announced the feature just days back. battery that goes on and on, but with limited features.
LIVE: Taneja highlights the camera of the Galaxy S5 and, yes, the Octacore processor. It is water resistant too. Don’t we love that. “We don’t expect our users to swim with their smartphones yet,” quips Taneja.
LIVE: 35 million Indians now have Galaxy devices, says Taneja.
LIVE: Samsung India head Vineet Taneja is on stage. “My life powered by Galaxy S5,” he kicks off the event.
LIVE: Yes, the gear devices are coming. That is sure.
LIVE: We guess the Gear 2 and Gear Neo will also be launched today. But will the Gear Fit also headed for India?
LIVE: Samsung Galaxy S5 launch is about to start. We know almost everything about the phone, except the price. The venue is full.
The phone is expected to have a starting price of around Rs 50,000 for the 16Gb version. The price of the 32GB version is speculated to go as high as Rs 60,000. However, it is not clear if the price will be a combo offer with any of the Gear devices. For more updates, keep logged in to this page.
Full Tech Specs
Network: LTE Cat.4 (150/50Mbps)
Display: 5.1” FHD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080)
AP: 2.5GHz Quad core application processor
OS: Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat)
Camera: 16MP (rear), 2.0MP (front)
Video: UHD@30fps, HDR, video stabilization
Video Codec: H.263, H.264(AVC), MPEG4, VC-1, Sorenson Spark, MP43, WMV7, WMV8, VP8
Video Format: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
Audio Codec: MP3, AMR-NB/WB, AAC/ AAC+/ eAAC+, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC
Audio Format: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
Features: HDR (Rich tone), Selective Focus, Virtual Tour Shot, Shot&More
IP67 Dust and water Resistant
Ultra Power Saving Mode
S Health 3.0
Google Mobile Services: Chrome, Drive, Photos, Gmail, Google, Google+, Google Settings, Hangouts, Maps, Play Books, Play Games, Play Newsstand, Play Movie & TV, Play Music, Play Store, Voice Search, YouTube
WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac HT80, MIMO(2×2)
Bluetooth®: 4.0 BLE / ANT+
USB: USB 3.0
Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, Hall, RGB ambient light, Gesture(IR), Finger Scanner, Heart rate sensor
Internal Memory: 16/32GB
microSD slot upto 128GB
142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1mm, 145g
Standby time: 390 hrs / Talk time: 21 hrs