Samsung Galaxy Note 7– as it is now being called– will launch on August 2 in New York, according to various news reports.
Sammobile, which is known for its Samsung leaks, has put out out an image of the invite for the event. Sammobile says the invite uses the phrase, “The next edge is just around the corner,” hinting the next version of the Note series will be an edge-screen smartphone.
Samsung is expected to ditch Galaxy Note 6 in the number line-up to keep up the Note series with Galaxy S7, S7 edge series.
Leaks also claim the Galaxy Note 7 will definitely come with an Iris scanner, and this is one rumour that has been talked about for a long time with Samsung’s top smartphones.
- MWC 2018: Samsung to Nokia, which smartphones will dazzle in Barcelona?
- Samsung Galaxy S9 name confirmed, launch set for February 25 ahead of MWC 2018
- Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+ launch date is February 25, ahead of MWC 2018
- Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+ launch date, pre-order and release date leaked
- Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus memory configurations leaked: Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 will be the name, launch set for August 2
A report by Netherlands-based website GalaxyClub says, Samsung has also filed for trademark protection of the terms Samsung Iris and Samsung Eyeprint with the European Union Intellectual Property Office. The report has leaked PDFs confirming the trademark filing.
Another report in Korean Herald claimed Korean camera module-maker Patron will be supplying its iris camera for Galaxy Note 7.
Other reported specifications of the Note 7 include a bigger 4000 mAh battery, 5.8-inch 2K display, 12 megapixel camera seen in the new Galaxy S7 and S7 edge series, along with 6GB RAM.
With the Galaxy Note 5 one of the criticisms was the battery size was reduced from 3220 mAh in the Galaxy Note 4 to 3000 mAh. Samsung might be planning to fix that in the new Note 7.
We’ll have to wait and see which rumours come true with the Galaxy Note 7.