Samsung is likely to announce Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus at its Unpacked event in New York on August 13. This will be a stark contrast to the traditional Galaxy Note launch at IFA, Berlin. Evan Blass has posted images of both the devices ahead of the official announcement.
There have been a lot of rumours around the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and this leak could be the best look at these devices yet.
Looking at the pictures, Galaxy Note 5 seems to borrow design DNA from Galaxy S6 and pairs the S-Pen from earlier Note versions.
- Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+ launch date, pre-order and release date leaked
- Samsung Galaxy S9 design leaked by case maker, shows single rear camera
- The best flagship mobiles for 2017: iPhone X, Galaxy S8 Plus, Pixel 2 and more
- Samsung Galaxy S9 to feature purple colour, leaked image shows single rear camera
- Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ launch at CES 'unlikely': Report
- Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+ to be showcased at CES 2018 in Jan: Report
Evan Blass reveals that the Note 5 will feature a 5.66-inch 2560 x 1440 pixel display, same as the current Galaxy Note 4. It will get an updated octa-core Exynos 7420 chip, 4GB of RAM and 32GB storage. The device will feature a 16MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera.
According to Evan Blass, the Note 5 will miss out on removable battery and expandable storage options due to metal and glass design.