Samsung is likely to announce Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus at its Unpacked event in New York on August 13. This will be a stark contrast to the traditional Galaxy Note launch at IFA, Berlin. Evan Blass has posted images of both the devices ahead of the official announcement.
There have been a lot of rumours around the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and this leak could be the best look at these devices yet.
Looking at the pictures, Galaxy Note 5 seems to borrow design DNA from Galaxy S6 and pairs the S-Pen from earlier Note versions.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 certified in China, could get early release date
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to have an iPhone-X like notch? Here’s what patent reveals
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 leaks, could be codenamed ‘Crown’: Report
- Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+ go on sale in India: Price, launch offers, features, etc
- Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+ launch on February 25: Expected specs, features and more
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ scores for GeekBench leaked online, reveal 6GB RAM
Evan Blass reveals that the Note 5 will feature a 5.66-inch 2560 x 1440 pixel display, same as the current Galaxy Note 4. It will get an updated octa-core Exynos 7420 chip, 4GB of RAM and 32GB storage. The device will feature a 16MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera.
According to Evan Blass, the Note 5 will miss out on removable battery and expandable storage options due to metal and glass design.