Samsung Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A7 (2016) smartphones were unveiled by the Korean-tech giant at its on Samsung Southwest Asia Forum 2016 event in Kuala Lumpur. Samsung Galaxy A5 and A7 2016 edition smartphones costs Rs 29,400 and Rs 33,400 respectively and will be available on Snapdeal as well retail stores starting February 15. Samsung has partnered with Airtel to offer consumers up to 30GB free data for 6 months.
Samsung also unveiled its new range of Quantm Dot SUHD TV, AddWash washing machine, HotBlast microwave oven, Twin Cooling refrigerator and other B2B products which includes the 360 Cassette air conditioner for enterprises.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“Samsung has continued to grow in the entire consumer electronics market including smartphones. Our focus for the year 2016 is to bring path-breaking technologies, innovative products, best-in-industry designs and products that set benchmarks in their respective categories,” said HC Hong, Samsung Electronics Southwest Asia President & CEO.
“Make for India will continue to be a strong focus area for Samsung Southwest Asia.With 2 manufacturing plants and 4 R&D facilities that employ close to 45,000 people, Southwest Asia is one of the biggest R&D hubs and a key region for Samsung,” he said.
The 2016 edition Galaxy A5 and A7 4G smartphones comes with a similar spec sheet with major differences in display size: 5.2-inch for the A5 and 5.5-inch for the A7. Galaxy A7 comes with 3GB RAM and 3,300mAh battery, while A5 has 2GB RAM and a 2900 mAh battery.
Featuring a known metal and glass body, the devices will be available in Black, Gold and White colour options and offer a fingerprint scanner.
Powered by an octa-core Exynos processor, both the smartphones features a 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS and a 5MP front camera with 16GB internal storage and support for up to 128GB microSD cards.
Both smartphones come with a Super AMOLED Full HD resolution display and support fast charging and 4G connectivity in India.
On the home appliances front, the new range of Quantum Dot SUHD TV will be soon available in India along with the AddWash washing machine and HotBlast Microwave oven. The new range of home appliances will come with a built-in voltage stabiliser called Smart Digital Inverter.
Disclaimer: The reporter is in Kuala Lumpur at the invitation of Samsung India, which is paying for accommodation and travel.