Samsung Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A7 (2016) smartphones were unveiled by the Korean-tech giant at its on Samsung Southwest Asia Forum 2016 event in Kuala Lumpur. Samsung Galaxy A5 and A7 2016 edition smartphones costs Rs 29,400 and Rs 33,400 respectively and will be available on Snapdeal as well retail stores starting February 15. Samsung has partnered with Airtel to offer consumers up to 30GB free data for 6 months.
Samsung also unveiled its new range of Quantm Dot SUHD TV, AddWash washing machine, HotBlast microwave oven, Twin Cooling refrigerator and other B2B products which includes the 360 Cassette air conditioner for enterprises.
“Samsung has continued to grow in the entire consumer electronics market including smartphones. Our focus for the year 2016 is to bring path-breaking technologies, innovative products, best-in-industry designs and products that set benchmarks in their respective categories,” said HC Hong, Samsung Electronics Southwest Asia President & CEO.
“Make for India will continue to be a strong focus area for Samsung Southwest Asia.With 2 manufacturing plants and 4 R&D facilities that employ close to 45,000 people, Southwest Asia is one of the biggest R&D hubs and a key region for Samsung,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The 2016 edition Galaxy A5 and A7 4G smartphones comes with a similar spec sheet with major differences in display size: 5.2-inch for the A5 and 5.5-inch for the A7. Galaxy A7 comes with 3GB RAM and 3,300mAh battery, while A5 has 2GB RAM and a 2900 mAh battery.
Featuring a known metal and glass body, the devices will be available in Black, Gold and White colour options and offer a fingerprint scanner.
Powered by an octa-core Exynos processor, both the smartphones features a 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS and a 5MP front camera with 16GB internal storage and support for up to 128GB microSD cards.
Both smartphones come with a Super AMOLED Full HD resolution display and support fast charging and 4G connectivity in India.
On the home appliances front, the new range of Quantum Dot SUHD TV will be soon available in India along with the AddWash washing machine and HotBlast Microwave oven. The new range of home appliances will come with a built-in voltage stabiliser called Smart Digital Inverter.
Disclaimer: The reporter is in Kuala Lumpur at the invitation of Samsung India, which is paying for accommodation and travel.