Samsung India Electronics will make all future launches, including entry-level smart phones, with 4G facility and it expects to gain a bigger market share on the back of the new launches, a top company official said on Thursday. “There is huge conversion happening from feature phones to smart phones at the entry level. This migration will continue. All the future launches, including entry-level segment, will have 4G facilities and we will sell 4G devices. But at the same time, there will be certain set of feature phones users because of price points,” said the company’s Vice President (Mobiles Business) Manu Sharma. He said the mobile maker has experienced growth in sales this year but declined to give details of sales figures.
“We expect that the company will gain its market share on the back of new launches,” he said on the sidelines of the launch of a new version of ‘My Galaxy’ application. According to latest data, in the smart phone market, the mobile maker at present has 48.7 per cent share in terms of value.
Speaking on the the Galaxy Note 7, he confirmed that the company will refund consumers who bought the smart phones outside the country. “They can go to our service centre and get refunded,” he said, adding that it did not sell the device in India. In lieu of the Galaxy Note 7 pre-book offer, the company has offered Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, he said.
The application was developed by Indian team at company’s research and development institute in Bangalore. “It is a testimony to our passion for innovation and localisation. India becomes the fourth largest app economy after China, US and Brazil,” Sharma added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016