Oppo has officially launched its latest smartphones in the R9 series. Oppo R9s and R9s Plus join R9 and R9 Plus – which were announced in March. Oppo R9s and R9s Plus are being introduced as flagship cameras with 16MP sensor on the back and front. Oppo has been lately flooding the smartphone market with camera-centric devices and has in fact managed to outdo its peers when it comes to camera alone. Oppo is also gaining significant marketshare on the back of similar marketing strategy and attractive price point.
Oppo R9s, the latest camera flagship from Chinese smartphone maker features a 5.5-inch full HD display with 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with Adreno 506 GPU. There is 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. Oppo has also thrown in expandable storage option via hybrid dual-SIM slot. The smartphone is backed by a 3,010mAh battery with support for VOOC fast charging.
On the other hand, Oppo R9s Plus is a bigger cousin of R9s with larger 6-inch display and same 1080p resolution. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 653 SoC coupled with 6GB RAM and 64GB expandable storage. The larger dimension help in adding larger 4,000mAh battery with support for VOOC fast charging. Interestingly, Oppo has trimmed the side bezels to a level that they won’t be easily visible. Oppo R9s has 1.66mm side bezel while R9s Plus hits the scale at 1.78mm. Oppo R9s has a screen-to-body ratio of 77.5 per cent while R9s Plus offers 79% screen-to-body ratio.
However, Oppo is not talking about pure hardware guts here, the main selling point is the camera. Oppo R9s and R9s Plus come with 16MP image sensor at the back and at the front. The rear camera on both R9s and R9s Plus offer f/1.7 aperture (same as Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and S7 edge) along with 4K video recording and LED flash. Oppo R9s comes with electronic image stabilisation while R9s Plus does even better with optical image stabilisation.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Oppo R9s and R9s Plus also feature a 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture and support for new algorithms like pre-bokeh effect. The front shooter also supports clicking images with self-gesture. Oppo R9s will become available in China from October 28 at 2,799 Yuan (approximately Rs 28,000) while the R9s Plus is slated to hit the market later in December at 3,499 Yuan (approximately Rs 35,000). The smartphones will be available in gold, rose gold and black colour option.
Oppo had launched its R9 smartphone in India and other smartphones as Oppo F1 Plus, before adding another smartphone named F1s to the offering recently. It is unclear whether R9s will hit India as Oppo F1s Plus later this year.