If you have used Coast by Opera, which in my books is the best browser available for any mobile device, though it is not available on all mobile devices, then you have most probably seen what simple designs can do the for the success of apps.
But ask Huib Klienhout, product designer and the ‘brains’ behind this popular iPad browser, and he will tell you all this simplicity is actually hiding a lot of serious technology. “Coast was design driven. The whole idea was to see what the next generation browser would be like with the devices moving towards touch. We also wanted to hide the technology and remove the bells and whistles,” he told The India Express in an interaction.
“So we have replaced buttons with something better. Yes, it is confusing if you are used to the regular browser… if you work with technology you can introduce a new feature or make existing fuctionalities simpler. That is something that Apple has done so well. It is just making technology more accessible.”
Coast, he says, has so much cutting edge technology like in the engine that differentiates one website from the other to convert it into an app-like icon. Klienhout says that like other browsers, Opera too tried to make he browser faster, but “that was not the most important feature.” It is also as secure, or more, than an popular browser.
However, he was cagey on whether Coast will come for other platforms and devices. “We would like to bring Coast to all devices. We would have liked to do that from the start, but that would have meant compromising on some of the features,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More