OnePlus X, the new smartphone from OnePlus, is expected to launch on October 29 at a special event in India, London and Beijing and other cities across the world. OnePlus India shared the announcement on their Facebook page.
The post has a picture of a X with the message “See you on October 29” written on it. The announcement comes soon after a device named OnePlus Mini was spotted on Amazon India.
Screenshots of the OnePlus Mini aka the OnePlus X have revealed a 5-inch Full HD screen with Gorilla Glass 3, metal frame Mediatek Helio X10 processor with 2GB RAM, Oxygen 3.0 OS and 2,450mAh battery.
- OnePlus 5 live event: Launch starts soon, here's how to watch livestream
- OnePlus 5 India launch on June 22, pop-up events planned in four cities
- OnePlus 5 will feature 8GB RAM, reveals Amazon India's page code
- OnePlus 5 launch on June 20, India launch on June 22: All you need to know
- OnePlus 3 Mini to launch next? Nope, says co-founder Carl Pei
- OnePlus 3 launch: Here is how to buy Loop VR and watch the event
The listing page also mentions “Synaptics’ ClearForce Technology,” which is similar to the Force Touch technology shown in the Huawei Mate S and Apple’s iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. The page has since been taken down.
Leaks have also suggested that the OnePlus X or Mini will come with 13MP rear camera and 8MP camera and NFC, a feature that was dropped from the OnePlus 2.
Watch our video review of OnePlus 2 (App users click here for video)