OnePlus 3T is the latest smartphone from the popular Chinese technology company, but there’s no confirmed word on when it will be launching in India. According to a report on VentureBeat, OnePlus will be bringing the phone to mainland China, Hong Kong, and India; but for now there’s no set date or month which has been set out for the launch. When contacted by IndianExpress.com, OnePlus India team said a launch was not yet confirmed for the country.
But given how quickly the OnePlus 3 was made available in India, we can expect the new phone to hit the market soon. India is an important country for most smartphone players, and when the original OnePlus 3 was launched, it had received mostly positive reviews across the board. In June 2016, Cyber Media Research (CMR) had shown that OnePlus was the only emerging brand in top five of the premium segment. OnePlus had a six per cent market share in 2015 in India’s premium segment, according to CMR.
Now, OnePlus 3T has been launched just under five months after the 2016 flagship was introduced in the market. In terms of design and dimensions, OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T are essentially the same phone. OnePlus 3T however, comes in a ‘Bold Gunmetal’ colour option along with the soft gold. The regular OnePlus 3 comes in a Graphite colour.
With the OnePlus 3T the big changes are in the processor, front camera and battery. OnePlus 3T has the latest Snapdragon 821 processor that is clocked at 2.35Ghz, along with a 16MP front camera. The battery is also bigger at 3400 mAh, more than the 3000 mAh one on the OnePlus 3.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Both OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 3 will get Android N by the end of the year. OnePlus 3T starts at $439 for the 64GB version in the US, which is around Rs 29,000. The 128GB version is $479 which is Rs 32,000 approximately. So when the new phone launches in India, don’t expect it to be priced under Rs 30,000.
OnePlus 3T has the same 5.5 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED display. It also has 6GB LPDDR4 RAM and a 16MP rear camera with the Sony IMX 298 Sensor. The rear camera now has a Sapphire crystal lens cover. The front camera is 16MP with the Samsung 3P8SP Sensor. OnePlus 3T also supports Dash Charge like the earlier smartphone.