OnePlus 3’s specs have apparently been spotted via the Antutu Benchmark test, by Chinese website GizmoChina. The so-called ‘leak’ comes ahead of OnePlus announcing an April 7 event in China.
However in a statement to Android Authority, OnePlus says that the event is “is focused on the China market. We will not be launching our next device then.” The only thing OnePlus revealed about the new product is that it will “be awesome”.
Meanwhile the OnePlus 3 leak indicates that the smartphone runs the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, comes with 32GB storage (not 16GB as the base), and a 16 megapixel rear camera along with the Android 6.0. The display is still 1080p. The basics specs are similar to the OnePlus 2, other than the change in the processor and the bumped up camera.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
OnePlus has touted itself as the flagship challenger, offering high-end specs mixed with affordable pricing. OnePlus One was introduced with the tag line ‘Never Settle’, the OnePlus 2 was called the 2016 flagship killer. But OnePlus 2 wasn’t quite the success as its predecessor, and now with the Xiaomi Mi 5, Le Max Pro launching with the latest Snapdragon 820 processor, the OnePlus is left behind.
OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei has said that the OnePlus 3 is coming this year, most probably in the second quarter. Pei had made the remarks to CNET’s Spanish website, and said that the OnePlus 3 will have a ‘new design’.
Could the new flagship mark an end to the sandstone finish smartphone that has come to define the OnePlus flagship series? It is likely given Pei’s remarks that OnePlus could go for something new, in order to boost interest and sales.
The company recently announced that the OnePlus 2 was now invite-free and gave a price-cut as well. The 16GB version of the phone will now cost Rs 20,999, while the 64GB version will be priced Rs 22,999.