OnePlus has announced a price cut for its flagship device, the OnePlus 2. The 16GB version of the phone will now cost Rs 20,999, while the 64GB version will be priced Rs 22,999.
The company justified the price drop saying: “Let’s just say that thanks to both timing and scale, our operations have sized up sufficiently propelling us to offer our flagship offering as an even better proposition for your connectivity needs.”
It is also time for a new flagship to emerge from the Chinese startup. It wouldn’t also be wrong to say that the OnePlus 2 was not as successful as its predecessor the OnePlus One.
OnePlus 2 comes with a 5.5-inch full HD display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage space. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera and five-megapixel front camera. This is a dual-SIM device with a USB Type-C connector. OnePlus 2 runs Oxygen OS 2.1 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop and has a 3,000mAh battery.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
OnePlus abandoned the invite-only system for its flagship device this year, saying that it had been crucial for the company in scaling their operations.
While the OnePlus One has created quite a buzz in the market, with the OnePlus 2 we noticed some issues creeping in, especially after using the smartphone for a month. The battery started draining pretty quickly, and the phone started heating up a lot.
Interestingly reports have also said that OnePlus could launch a new flagship for 2016 soon.