Nokia X, the Finnish phonemaker’s first tryst with Google’s Android plaform, seems set to come to India on March 10. The company has sent invites for an event on March 10, which has to be the launch of the new phone.
If you mix India’s fascination for Android and the goodwill Nokia still commands in the country, the Nokia X family of phones could be a big hit. Add to this mix the fact that these phones will be priced as low as Rs 8,500. That is around the price range at which Nokia sells its entry-level Lumia phones. That is why it could be a big gamble for the company, especially if the Nokia X family is any good. For the Lumia 520 is in our books the best smartphone at that price range.
The Nokia X range will also cut into the entry-level Android segement of local manufactuers. For Indian users the Nokia brand will hold more value than a local company that is selling at the same price point. Add to this the fact the Nokia still have the best after sales outfit in the country.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai