With Lumia, Windows Phone remains the same, so now Nokia is looking to diversify its offerings and look at some bulging form factors as well, which is where Nokia Lumia 1520 and 1320 come into picture. The former is a high-end full HD packed device, while the latter is a streamlined version of the 1520 with HD display.
The Lumia 1320 sports a huge 6 inch ClearBlack HD display coated with Corning Glass 3. Like all other Lumia devices, the display offers rich, colourful detail and excellent viewing angles. With Corning 3, the display is sturdy and can withstand few accidental falls without any creak. The phone is built around signature-Lumia polycarbonate body that is sturdy and made for day-to-day use but 6 inch size is clumsy, not meant for one-hand use. It packs a Snapdragon S4 dual-core chipset with 1 GB RAM that during real-time usage, manages to perform admirably without any heating or lagging issues. Thanks to 1 GB RAM, the app compatibility support is at its optimum and you’ll find game titles like Subway Surfer running n this big device.
The audio quality of in-built speaker is exceptional and watching movies, playing games without using earphones is a joyous experience on the 1320. However, not everything works for this phablet. It comes fitted with 5 MP rear camera which in current market is quite mediocre.
The quality is more in tune with that of Lumia 620 than Lumia 720 which comes with a Carl-Zeiss lens camera, something that should have made to the 1320 as well. There is a front VGA camera for video calling. On the software front, the phone runs on Windows Phone Black that supports 3 column live tile for the first time and with incoming Windows Phone 8.1, the platform is expected to improve further.
For a big device, it is critical that its life is as big as its form factor. Thankfully, Lumia 1320 serves to function in the right path. The 3400 mAh battery unit is capable of lasting more than a day and half which is no small feat, at a time when devices are becoming powerful day-by-day and less concentrated to supplement its power.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
During our battery test (running HD movies on Wi-Fi at full brightness), the device managed to last us for than 13 hours that translates into more than 24 hours life on normal usage. On Antutu, it scored 15,129 and WP Bench 296 that highlights the mid-range nature of the device, compared to the likes of similarly priced Gionee Elife E7, Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, and Moto X but for its size, the HP Slate 6 and Sony Xperia T2 Ultra are its closest alternatives.
All in all, the Lumia 1320 is the affordable version of Lumia 1520. Its 6-inch display is huge but not easy to handle. Average cameras do not help its chances but a solid battery performer makes it a viable on-the-go mini-theatre.
Dimensions: 164.2 x 85.9 x 9.8 mm
Display: 6 inches, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
CPU: Dual-core 1.7 GHz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows Phone 8 Black
Memory: 8 GB (internal); 1 GB RAM
Camera: 5 MP (rear); VGA front camera
Weight: 220 grams
Battery: 3400 mAh battery
Estimated street price: Rs 23,999