Nokia D1C was earlier reported as one of the mid-range smartphone from the Finnish smartphone maker. Wait, a new benchmark reveals its a tablet and not smartphone. An Antutu listing last week confirmed a Nokia device running Android 7.0 Nougat in works. The device was easily conceived to be one of the midrange smartphone based on the specs but it seems Nokia has some other idea. With D1C, Nokia is probably aiming at an Android-based home entertainment device. The tablet is a likely competitor to Samsung’s 18.4-inch Galaxy View tablet.
According to a GFXBench listing spotted by NokiaPowerUser, Nokia D1C is a tablet – not just another tablet – but one with a massive 13.8-inch display. The listing confirms the tablet to be powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 CPU coupled with Adreno 505 CPU. The tablet is reported to feature 3GB RAM and 16GB storage with 9GB user accessible.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Nokia’s comeback is being touted as the next big thing in the smartphone world which has failed to bring anything new to the table. Nokia’s non-competent deal with Microsoft ends this year and the company has been reported to launch two flagship Android Nougat devices before the end of this year.
Nokia has already announced tie-up with Finnish mobile manufacturing firm, HMD Global to build company’s next generation Android smartphones. HMD Global, a startup by former Nokia employees holds the rights to license Nokia brand for next 10 years and is already promising to bring back the legacy of Nokia. The D1C will become the second tablet after the not so successful launch of Nokia N1 in January 2015.
Nokia D1C is also reported to run Z Launcher based Android 7.0 Nougat. With Nougat, the D1C will have added benefit of split view multitasking and improved doze mode. Nokia D1C will also feature SIM card support along with support for sensor like pedometer.