Nokia is all set to launch two new Android smartphones later this year. Nokia’s non-competitive deal with Microsoft ends this year, and the company has already agreed to bring back its brand in collaboration with HMD global. If rumours are anything to go by, Nokia will launch two new smartphones with flagship specifications and a design that we have come to associate with Nokia brand.
The leaked images earlier hinted at Nokia announcing smartphones with Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 820 processor and colourful polycarbonate shells like Lumia smartphones launched before. HMD Global, Nokia’s contractor licensing the brand, has already promised to deliver that trademark build quality and Nokia-esque design.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Nokia is reportedly working on two flagship and one mid-range smartphone. Nokia’s flagship smartphones are reported to come in two display variants – 5.2-inch model and another 5.5-inch model. Both Nokia flagship devices are reported to feature an OLED display with Quad HD resolution and will be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 processor. Nokia’s smartphones are also reported to run Android 7.0 Nougat with company’s Z-launcher UI.
According to GizmoChina, Nokia’s flagship smartphones will feature a 22.6MP primary camera, similar to Nokia’s previous flagships running Windows Phone operating system. Nokia is always known to deliver with its smartphone camera – with Pureview 808 – still topping the charts as one of the best smartphone camera.
Nokia’s flagship smartphones have also made their appearance on benchmarking apps like Geekbench and Antutu. While the Geekbench listing doesn’t really give away any information, it is still solid evidence that Nokia smartphones running Android are just there in the pipeline. Recently, a Nokia smartphone codenamed D1-C appeared on Antutu listing indicating mid-range smartphone specifications. The listing shows a smartphone powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset, coupled with an Adreno 505 GPU.
Nokia D1C is reported to feature a full HD display and run Z launcher based Android 7.0 Nougat. The smartphone is reported to feature 3GB RAM, 32GB storage. The device is reported to sport a 13MP primary camera and an 8MP front camera.
While Nokia has not confirmed the actual launch dates for its smartphones, the leaks certainly seem to be building up a strong comeback.