Nexus 6P users are reportedly facing battery failure issues after the Android 7.0 Nougat OS update. One of the users on Reddit who goes by the name Redytedy posted a video showing his Nexus 6P switched off after taking 3 photos, even when there was 53 per cent charge left on the phone. The user could switch on his smartphone only after plugging in to a charger. Once the Nexus 6P was plugged in to a charger, the user had to wait for the battery flash icon on the screen to appear, after which he could turn on his phone. Another user distroyer commented on the Redytedy‘s post saying his battery level dropped from 23 per cent 0 per cent while watching the video.
Another Reddit user Vanterax wrote in comments, “Noticed the same thing last week where the battery dropped from 96% to 73% in just a few seconds. The phone was telling that I had 3 mins of battery left. And it was dropping by the second. I rebooted the phone and the battery showed 98% and remained steady. Seems like something internal crashed and wasn’t tracking the battery properly.”
Google started rolling out Android 7.0 update in August and Nexus devices are always the first of the lot to get the latest Android OS update. However, this is the first time that Google unveiled its newest Android update even before the release of new Nexus smartphones. Google, which has dropped the Nexus branding with its new Pixel smartphones, also released the Developer Preview of Android 7.1 Nougat in mid-October.
Android Nougat brings a new shift in the way Google delivers its mobile OS update. Android 7.1 Nougat is supposed to bring changes such as app shortcuts API, circular app icons support, image keyboard support and enhanced live wallpaper metadata. While users have taken to social media platforms to complain about unexpected battery failures with Nexus 6P after Android Nougat update; neither Google nor Nexus has come forward to acknowledge the issue as of now.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review