The next Nexus is unlikely to be made by LG. The company built the highly successful Nexus 4, 5 smartphones, and also the recent Nexus 5X. Last year Google launched two Nexus smartphones: Nexus 6P by Huawei which was the more premium device, and the LG Nexus 5X, which had a more mid-range pricing.
A CNET report quoted an LG official as saying that the company has no plans to build a successor to the Nexus 5, Nexus 5X smartphone at the recently concluded Mobile World Congress show in Barcelona.
The spokesperson said that the Nexus project “requires a lot of resources that could be better put in its own phones.” There’s no doubt that LG has revamped how it views its own smartphone business with the launch of the modular LG G5, which comes with a removable slide-out battery and host of other additional add-ons.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
LG’s departure is not the only bit of Nexus news that’s floating around. A Weibo post put out by an industry insider, claims that HTC is making the next Nexus, and that it plans to add 3D Touch feature to this smartphone. The post mentions that Meizu, Xiaomi, Oppo and Vivo also exploring the 3D Touch feature seriously in their upcoming devices, though the technology could take time to become more popular.
Apple is not the only one that introduced a pressure-sensitive display (Apple calls it 3D Touch in its iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 series). Huawei has something similar with its own Force Touch display in the Mate S smartphone.
‘Pressure sensitive display’ or ‘3D Touch’ will be introduced in this smartphone or that smartphone appears to the most popular rumour these days. A similar claim had been made for the Samsung’s Galaxy S7 series, but that never happened.
We’ll have to wait till October to see what Google announces with the new Nexus smartphones. Hopefully the leaks won’t spoil all the surprise as they did last time.