The next Nexus is unlikely to be made by LG. The company built the highly successful Nexus 4, 5 smartphones, and also the recent Nexus 5X. Last year Google launched two Nexus smartphones: Nexus 6P by Huawei which was the more premium device, and the LG Nexus 5X, which had a more mid-range pricing.
A CNET report quoted an LG official as saying that the company has no plans to build a successor to the Nexus 5, Nexus 5X smartphone at the recently concluded Mobile World Congress show in Barcelona.
The spokesperson said that the Nexus project “requires a lot of resources that could be better put in its own phones.” There’s no doubt that LG has revamped how it views its own smartphone business with the launch of the modular LG G5, which comes with a removable slide-out battery and host of other additional add-ons.
LG’s departure is not the only bit of Nexus news that’s floating around. A Weibo post put out by an industry insider, claims that HTC is making the next Nexus, and that it plans to add 3D Touch feature to this smartphone. The post mentions that Meizu, Xiaomi, Oppo and Vivo also exploring the 3D Touch feature seriously in their upcoming devices, though the technology could take time to become more popular.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Apple is not the only one that introduced a pressure-sensitive display (Apple calls it 3D Touch in its iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 series). Huawei has something similar with its own Force Touch display in the Mate S smartphone.
‘Pressure sensitive display’ or ‘3D Touch’ will be introduced in this smartphone or that smartphone appears to the most popular rumour these days. A similar claim had been made for the Samsung’s Galaxy S7 series, but that never happened.
We’ll have to wait till October to see what Google announces with the new Nexus smartphones. Hopefully the leaks won’t spoil all the surprise as they did last time.