An Indian couple has developed a new app to curb smartphone addiction which calculates the amount of time users spend on their phones and reminds them to take breaks.
The BreakFree app measures how long you spend using apps, how often you unlock your phone and how much time you spend making phone calls.
It calculates an “addiction score” based on these metrics, ‘Mashable’ reported.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Also, if you are using a particular app for long or making too many calls or have used the phone for over an hour, the app will notify you to slow down.
The app was developed by Mrigaen Kapadia and his wife Nupur Kapadia who co-founded a company, Mobifolio.
The app also provides users with phone management tools such as disabling the internet, rejecting phone calls and sending auto text messages.
For young smartphone users, BreakFree can be used as a parental control device. By installing it on the child’s smartphone parents can monitor their phone usage, internet hours etc.