Moto G4 Plus starts at Rs 13,499 for 2GB RAM+16GB storage, going up to Rs 14,999 for the 3GB RAM + 32GB storage option. Motorola has not confirmed the pricing for the Moto G4 in India.
Moto G4 will also be Amazon exclusive in India. Moto G series has become Amazon exclusive from this year on, while earlier the phones were sold only on Flipkart.
- Moto G4 Play to get Android Nougat in June: Report
- Moto G4 Plus, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Le Max 2 get price cuts: Here are top devices for Reliance Jio 4G SIM
- Moto G4 Play launched in India: Key specifications, price and more
- Moto G4 launch today: Comparison with Redmi Note 3, Yunicorn and Le 2
- Moto G4 Plus First Impressions: The new benchmark in mid-budget category?
- Moto G4 Plus now available on Amazon India at Rs 13,499: Here are all the specs
Moto G4 features a 5.5-inch Full HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It is 7.9 mm thick with rounded edges, and has a more squared look. It has a 5MP front camera and a 13MP rear camera with phase detection autofocus. On the other hand, Moto G4 Plus has a better 16 mp rear camera with improved low-light performance.
Moto G4 is powered by Snapdragon 617 1.5 GHz octa-core processor, coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card). It comes with Turbo charging and a 3,000 mAh battery and runs the latest Android 6 OS. Moto is promising six hours of battery life with just 15 minutes of charging.
Moto G4 Plus also has the same battery and processor, but it also comes with a fingerprint scanner, which is not there in the Moto G4.
Also See: Moto G4 Plus review
In our review of the Moto G4 Plus, what stood out was the camera, especially the low-light performance given the pricing. Where overall performance goes, the Moto G4 Plus offers the same consistency and experience as the earlier Moto G3 series, thanks to the pure Android OS.
In the case of the Moto G4, we’ll have to see how Moto prices the smartphone, given this is not a drastic overhaul of the Moto G3 series. If Moto G4 is priced under Rs 11,000, then it could pose a serious challenge to other players in the market like Redmi Note 3, Le 2, Yu Yunicorn, etc.