Moto G4 Plus starts at Rs 13,499 for 2GB RAM+16GB storage, going up to Rs 14,999 for the 3GB RAM + 32GB storage option. Motorola has not confirmed the pricing for the Moto G4 in India.
Moto G4 will also be Amazon exclusive in India. Moto G series has become Amazon exclusive from this year on, while earlier the phones were sold only on Flipkart.
- Motorola Moto X4 review: Is this the mid-end smartphone to beat?
- Top dual camera mobiles under Rs 15,000: Moto G5S Plus, Xiaomi Mi A1, and more
- Motorola Moto X4 first impressions: Focus on design and accessible price
- Moto X4 India launch today: Expected price, specifications, and more
- Moto X4 India launch set for November 13, will be Flipkart exclusive
- Moto G5S Plus launch in India today: Live stream at 12, here's what to expect
Moto G4 features a 5.5-inch Full HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It is 7.9 mm thick with rounded edges, and has a more squared look. It has a 5MP front camera and a 13MP rear camera with phase detection autofocus. On the other hand, Moto G4 Plus has a better 16 mp rear camera with improved low-light performance.
Moto G4 is powered by Snapdragon 617 1.5 GHz octa-core processor, coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card). It comes with Turbo charging and a 3,000 mAh battery and runs the latest Android 6 OS. Moto is promising six hours of battery life with just 15 minutes of charging.
Moto G4 Plus also has the same battery and processor, but it also comes with a fingerprint scanner, which is not there in the Moto G4.
Also See: Moto G4 Plus review
In our review of the Moto G4 Plus, what stood out was the camera, especially the low-light performance given the pricing. Where overall performance goes, the Moto G4 Plus offers the same consistency and experience as the earlier Moto G3 series, thanks to the pure Android OS.
In the case of the Moto G4, we’ll have to see how Moto prices the smartphone, given this is not a drastic overhaul of the Moto G3 series. If Moto G4 is priced under Rs 11,000, then it could pose a serious challenge to other players in the market like Redmi Note 3, Le 2, Yu Yunicorn, etc.