Moto G4, Moto G4 Plus to start receiving Android 7.0 Nougat update

Motorola has announced that it has started rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat update for Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus devices in India

By: Tech Desk | Updated: October 22, 2016 9:11 am
Motorola, lenovo, moto, moto android nougat update, moto G4 nougat update, moto g4 plus nougat update, moto z Nougat update, Motorola phone nougat update, android 7.0 nougat update, Moto g4 nougat update india, india, moto phones that will get nougat, smartphone, technology, technology news Moto has earlier announced that 15 phones in its lineup will be getting the Android Nougat update

Lenovo has finally announced that the Moto G4 and G4 Plus smartphones will now start receiving the Android 7.0 Nougat update. Motorola had earlier this month announced that it will start rolling out the Nougat update for devices starting in the fourth quarter of 2016, and that 15 devices will be receiving the update.

Motorola had also announced the Android Nougat for its recently launched Moto Z series, but it appears that the update for that might still be in the works.

“We are excited to announce a new software update for Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus by Motorola. This update brings Android 7.0 Nougat to your phone along with other improvements,” Motorola said on its Indian Customer Help page.

Some of the new features that Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus users updating to Android Nougat include a new multitasking feature, improved data saver, improved battery features and more efficient notification controls. Here are some other changes that will come with the new update:

1. Quick switch between apps – Double tapping on the overview/ recent apps button will allow users to switch between two most recently used apps

2. Multi-window view – This will allow two apps to run side by side. Now you will be able to text a friend while watching a video side by side on your screen.

3. Work Mode – This new feature allows users to turn off the phone’s work apps when not at your work, making for a balanced work-life balance.

Read – Google Pixel, Pixel XL: Exclusive Android Nougat features other phones will not get

Other Motorola phones that will be receiving the Nougat update are: Moto G Play (4th Gen), Moto X Pure Edition (3rd Gen), Moto X Style, Moto X Play, Moto X Force, Droid Turbo 2, Droid Maxx 2, Moto Z, Moto Z Droid, Moto Z Force Droid, Moto Z Play, Moto Z Play Droid and Nexus 6.

For all the latest Tech News, download Indian Express App now

Sreddy
    Jan 10, 2017 at 2:11 pm
    yeah,lot of issues there ,currently i am using moto g4 pulse after updating to 7.0 battery draining and front camera properly not working,2 sim slot signaling problem..
    1. O
      OMKUMAR
      Feb 9, 2017 at 1:24 am
      I am waiting update my phone moto g4 plus but software is not be downloaded in my mobile how many reason of my not update a new version please direction me
      1. C
        C p
        Jan 2, 2017 at 2:39 pm
        I got naugot on 31 when I erased factory data.my phone has updated.
          Ashok
          Jan 22, 2017 at 4:09 pm
          Very good
            Sakthi
            Jan 5, 2017 at 6:41 pm
            Can u specify any news of getting g4 play
              Raju
              Jan 1, 2017 at 10:31 am
              i received nogout is there any issues in updating
                Sangeetha
                Jan 14, 2017 at 10:11 pm
                Facing lot of issues after this update.. Mobil just hangs up.. couldn't even attend a call while music player is on... Please do something.. or else remove this update
                1. J
                  Jitendra
                  Jan 10, 2017 at 7:14 am
                  Alots of Bugs in Nougat 7.0. lt;br/gt;1. When we will in raoming area and if we want to download or update any apps from google play store then we can't download or update also. lt;br/gt;2. if we are sharing data through hotspot then hotspot automatically disconneted from other divices.lt;br/gt;3. Ample of apps not support in mulasking windows.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;I Requested please fix these bugs ASAP.
                    Shailendra Singh
                    Dec 28, 2016 at 8:37 pm
                    I received update too today on my moto g4 plus
                      Abhir Vutsh
                      Nov 5, 2016 at 6:32 am
                      It's jus a fake update/news their is no such update yet for moto g4 plus yet.. but ya there is a package of naugat update as I heard about it... So please moto team update us with true ans please.
                        Ajeezur Rahuman
                        Nov 12, 2016 at 2:06 am
                        OTA update??? Not yet in India, fake news.
                          Aamir
                          Dec 28, 2016 at 7:28 pm
                          Just got the nougat update on my Moto g4 plus....
                            Raviknt sharma
                            Oct 22, 2016 at 5:51 am
                            Motorola phones that will be receiving the Nougat update are: Moto G 2nd
                              Arjun
                              Dec 28, 2016 at 8:05 pm
                              I received the update today just 45 minutes ago
                                Aqeel ahemad
                                Dec 12, 2016 at 10:05 am
                                Aqeel ahemadlt;br/gt;Dear sirlt;br/gt;Yet I'm not get "N " version in my Moto 4g plus so plz tell me sir how to get N version
                                1. B
                                  Bhavesh Kothari
                                  Oct 23, 2016 at 8:12 am
                                  incorrect new articlelt;br/gt;no update is being rolled outlt;br/gt;also confirmed with motorola india customer supportlt;br/gt;where do these people get the informationlt;br/gt;on top of that without verifing the news they release itlt;br/gt;very poor indian express team
                                  1. B
                                    Bhavesh
                                    Dec 29, 2016 at 10:06 am
                                    Aapka mobile konsa he
                                      Dheeraj
                                      Dec 28, 2016 at 4:23 am
                                      I'm Dheeraj I have not get nougat update still now... Today is 28_12__2016 I have taken mobile on August 2016 I think this is all bluff news
                                        Akhil Raj
                                        Dec 27, 2016 at 5:25 am
                                        Today is 28-12-2016. The Nougat update has not came to my G4plus and I am still searching... Is the N Update is possible...??
                                          Manivel
                                          Oct 24, 2016 at 2:24 pm
                                          My moto g4 plus not get it for nougat update
                                            Rajesh
                                            Dec 17, 2016 at 4:59 pm
                                            I am recieve yet update please tell me how to get