Microsoft has finally announced the official rollout of Windows 10 Mobile to older smartphones running Windows Phone 8.1. The rollout is almost a full year late from its initial announcement.
Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Mobile with its flagship Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL devices. It later announced two more budget devices, Lumia 550 and Lumia 650 running Windows 10 Mobile but kept older Windows Phone users wondering about the update.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 Mobile for Lumia 1520, 930, 640, 640XL, 730, 735, 830, 532, 535, 540, 635 1GB, 636 1GB, 638 1GB, 430, 435, BLU Win HD w510u, BLU Win HD LTE x150q, and the MCJ Madosma Q501.
As we noted in our review of Lumia 950 XL, Windows 10 Mobile is very much in its early development stages and often there are hiccups with these flagships. Microsoft is offering Windows 10 Mobile to only specific set of devices which Redmond considers would work fine with new operating system.
Microsoft notes in its blog that it wants to keep the quality of experience high with Windows 10 Mobile and limited set of devices will steer it in the right direction.