LG Electronics today unveiled the LG G5 smartphone, which has a modular type design for add-on camera, battery, etc. The G5 also comes with a slide-out battery that allows users to swap the battery in a matter of seconds. LG has not yet confirmed the price or India launch date for the G5.
In terms of regular specs, the LG G5 features a 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 554ppi), runs the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, has 4GB RAM, 32GB storage space (microSD expandable up to 2TB).
As was rumoured, the LG G5 has a dual-camera set-up on the back with a 16 megapixel camera and a wide-angle eight megapixel camera. The front camera is eight megapixels and the smartphone runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
It comes with a 2800 mAh battery, which is removable and can be swapped out for a different one thanks to the Slide-out feature. The dimensions of the LG G5 are 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7mm, and the smartphone has USB Type-C for fast charging. LG G5 will be available in silver, titan, gold and pink colour options.
Now coming to the new features of the smartphone. First up, LG G5 has a 135-degree wide angle lens, for a wider view when a user is taking the picture. There’s also an Always-on Display for notifications. LG claims that the always-on Display requires only 0.8 percent of the battery’s full capacity per hour to operate.
LG has also introduced the CAM Plus, which is camera module that can be attached through the battery slot to convert this smartphone into a digital camera. The LG CAM Plus has physical buttons for power, shutter, record, zoom, LED indicator and comfortable grip. It also offers intuitive auto focus and exposure lock. When attached to the LG G5, it provides an additional battery capacity of 1,200mAh to allow for longer shooting times.
The LG Hi-Fi Plus is an audio player, which the company has developed with B&O PLAY. The portable Hi-Fi DAC audio player is for those who seek to enjoy top-notch sounds, that have traditionally only been available through high-end audio devices. It can be used as a module with the LG G5 or as a separate Hi-Fi DAC by connecting to any smartphone or PC.
LG also introduced a range of companion devices with the LG G5 launch. The first is the LG 360 VR headset, which can be connected to the G5 via a dedicated cable and works exclusively with the G5 to simulate a 130-inch TV viewed from two metres away. The VR headset is compatible with 360-degree images and videos captured with LG 360 CAM as well as all Google Cardboard content.
LG 360 CAM is a compact 360-degree angle camera equipped with two 13MP 200-degree wide angle cameras, 1,200mAh battery and 4GB internal memory, which can be supplemented by a microSD card. LG 360 CAM can be connected to the LG G5 allowing users to create 360-degree content. It supports 2K video, and has 5.1 surround channel recording on three microphones. Images taken with the 360 CAM can be uploaded to Google Street View and YouTube360.
LG Rolling Bot rolls like a ball, while capturing images and videos with its embedded 8MP camera. This is meant as a monitoring system for the homes, pet care companion as well as a remote controller for compatible home appliances and works with LG G5.
LG TONE Platinum (model HBS-1100), the latest in the LG TONE Series, is a Bluetooth headset that has earned the Harman Kardon Platinum grade for its superior sound quality.
H3 by B&O PLAY are a set of high-end earphones compatible with the high-quality sound of the LG Hi-Fi Plus with B&O PLAY.
LG Smart Controller allows users to easily control certain drones and users can check the video stream from the drone through the LG G5 in real time.