The Indian brands are slowly trying to brush off their affordable devices tag by launching premium devices that can take on the big brands, of course with a slightly lower price tag. For instance, after it took its Xolo brand global with a launch at the CES 2014, Lava International Limited has launched a new premium series with its Iris Pro 30 smartphone. The phone has premium features, but at a Rs 15,999 price tag.
Speaking at the launch, Chairman Hari Om Rai reiterated his resolve to make the company a global brand from the “Indo-Chinese” company it is at the moment. “This goal inspires us to work hard. We are looking at creating a multi-national brand within a decade,” he added.
The Android 4.2 phone has a 4.7-inch 720p IPS screen in a slim 7.5mm chassis. It will feature a 8MP auto-focus camera and a rare 3MP front camera. the device is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and will have face and voice unlock. The 2000mAh battery will last longer thanks to the content adaptive backlight control.
The phone will be available from next week.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen