Nokia unveiled its much-awaited Nokia X smartphone in India that supports Android apps, priced it at Rs 8,599. The other two phones in the Nokia X series – Nokia X+ and Nokia XL – will be launched in the country in the next 60 days.
With the X series smartphones, the Finnish firm aims to take head-on the likes of Samsung Electronics and Micromax to grab a share of the burgeoning affordable smartphone market. But it remains to be seen if it could have an impact on its own popular Lumia range.
The device brings back a redesigned version of the Fastlane notifications centre, the second home screen that is very popular in latest Asha devices. With Fastlane, users can see a record of recent activity, and switch between their favourite apps, smoothly.
Just 10.4 mm thin, the slim, monobody design features a 4-inch scratch-proof display and exchangeable back covers that come in a variety of statement colours. Inside, the dual SIM smartphone runs on the Nokia X Software Platform and is powered by 1Ghz dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. The smartphones has 512 MB RAM and internal memory of 4GB which is expandable to 32GB with microSD card.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Nokia X users can enjoy MixRadio for free music streaming and downloadable playlists. It also offers 7GB free cloud storage using OneDrive and additional 3GB if consumers enable camera back up.
P Balaji, Managing Director, Nokia India, said, “India is one of the fastest growing markets for smartphones in the world. With the launch of Nokia X, we are adding more ammunition to our smartphone portfolio.” “We believe Nokia X is a unique combination of Nokia quality and experiences, Microsoft services and Android apps,” Balaji added. Smartphone sales in India grew almost three-fold to over 41.1 million in 2013, buoyed by a strong uptake of affordable devices made by local firms such as Micromax and Karbonn, according to CyberMedia Research.
Nokia, whose handset business was bought by Microsoft last year, had unveiled its Nokia X range of smartphones at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on February 24.
Here are the full specs
* 4’’ capacitive touchscreen
* 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Dual Core Processor
* 512MB RAM
* 3MP camera
* Dual SIM
* Up to 32GB expandable memory
* 1500 mAH battery
* Satellite GPS
* Available colours: Bright Green, Bright Red, Cyan, Yellow, Black and White
Nokia X price in India: Rs 8,599
By Purabi Bora