The jury is still out on whether Apple iPhone SE has the price to make it sell in India, but Apple dealers here feel the phone will help fill a void. The phone, which uses the popular iPhone 5s chassis, has specs similar to the iPhone 6s, including the A9 chipset, fingerprint scanner and 4K video capture. It will hit the stores in India April 8.
In an email interaction with IndianExpress.com, Prateek Hak, National Business Head for Apple Mobility Business at Rashi Peripherals, one of Apple’s authorised resellers in India, said the iPhone SE strategically fills in the void between the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 5s. “The iPhone 6 16GB has an MRP starting at Rs 52,000 while the iPhone 5S 32GB is priced at an MRP of Rs 30,000. The iPhone SE, with MRP of about 40,000, fits well between iPhone 6 16GB and iPhone 5S 32GB, bridging the pricing gap in the iPhone lineup.”
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“With that being said, iPhone SE will face challenges since iPhone 6 16GB has a lower operating price in the market, but we are hopeful the market operating price of the 6 will rebound,” he said, adding that it was better to wait for pre-bookings to begin on Tuesday, March 29.
He says that since the introduction of larger screen iPhones, there has always been a market segment that has preferred a smaller iPhone that fits in one’s palm. “There isn’t a 4-inch smartphone in the market that provides a premium build, and is backed by powerful specs. iPhone SE is a device that is built small but is expected to live large, he said, adding that marquee iPhone features at an affordable price is likely to appeal to iPhone customers with budget considerations.
Despite the online price of iPhone 6 16GB being Rs 33,999, Hak says the phone is supposed to be “about 25 per cent more expensive than the SE from an MRP standpoint”. He is hopeful that the market operating price of iPhone 6 16GB will rebound soon.
Hak said the new iPad Pro will do well as the new iPad Pro brings versatility to the line up. “Since all the features of the Pro are condensed into a smaller screen and a lower price point, we expect the new 9.7 inch iPad Pro to become the industry favourite,” he added.