Intex’s latest Android phone is quite impressive. The build quality, feel-soft finish and the keys on the right spine are laid perfectly for the fingers to react smoothly. The merges the panel with the touch layer making it more responsive to touch. Despite having just 720p resolution, the screen offers rich colors. The text readability is also impressive.
Unfortunately, the glass catches a lot of fingerprints, and can be quite reflective when the phone is used outdoors or in brightly lit environments
Intex has been offering Android phones that are value for money for quite some time. Its latest is the Intex Aqua i5 HD which brings a 720p 5-inch OGS (One Glass Solution) screen to its Aqua range along with Android Kitkat and a 13M rear camera. Here is what we thought of the new phablet.
Specs: 5 Inch HD LCD, OGS (1280 X 720 resolution), 294 ppi |1.3 GHz Quad Core MT6582 processor with Mali 400| Android 4.4 KitKat | 13 MP camera, Capable of FWVGA, 480P video recording, Front camera 5MP | 1GB RAM, 4 GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with micro SD | 2000 mAh
Design: Intex Aqua i5 HD looks good and feels even better in the hand. It is light to hold and the 8.5 mm thickness is just perfect to grip along with the rubberised matte finish. However, the size does make one-handed operation difficult.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Both the power key and the volume rocker are on the right spine, while the microUSB port and 3.5-mm audio jack are on the top. The speaker grill is at the rear and the audio is muffled when the phone is resting on its back.
Display: The display is IPS LCD , but it good with decent viewing angles and brightness. The resolution, however, didn’t appear sharp enough, maybe due to the old-fashioned icons in the UI.
Performance: Almost all Android-based smartphones in the sub-Rs 10,000 price bracket have similar specs. So the differentiator is the user experience. After using Intex i5 HD for a week I found the smartphone fairly good. But the touch was not all that responsive at times and the phone has a tendency to heat up and get stuck with games. The photo quality is not that good but at the same time the HD video playback is excellent.
Memory: As defined by the price of the phone, the internal storage is only 4 GB. The storage is expandable upto 32 GB using MicroSD card slot.
Camera: On paper the 13 MP camera is a great, but we were not all that happy with the performance. It seems as if the photos have been bumped up wuth software solutions. The shots weren’t rich in details and there was a lot of noise. The camera had issues with locking the focus as well. The front 5 MP camera was also average.
Battery: The 2000 mAh battery took over three hours to charge for the first time. It lasted nearly 10 hrs with regular use.
Verdict: Intex Aqua i5 HD is a good smartphone with decent performance and a bright display, but all the while reminding you that this is a budget device. If you are an imaging enthusiast, the dismal camera performance will disappoint you. At 9,990, the Aqua i5 HD is a fairly good option for anyone who wants a big-screen phone without spending much.