With smartphone sales slowing down and demand slipping down in the major developed markets, India is seen as the next big market for major OEMs and telecom equipment manufacturers. With growing adoption of 4G LTE and exponential growth in smartphone sales, most smartphone makers are trying hard to tap into the space by expanding their presence both online and offline. However, the biggest test comes in the form of home grown smartphone makers who still hold significant presence in the tier 2 and tier 3 space.
Another thing working in favour of mobile manufacturers is the Make in India and Digital India initiatives taken by Prime Minister. With more and more Indians gaining access to internet and going mobile, the industry is coming together to showcase the latest developments at Asia’s biggest mobile fair.
India Mobile Diwali – the name may not seem related to mobile fair but it definitely is a huge showcase for mobile manufacturers. According to a release, the 3 day mobile fair at Pragati Maidan will see the likes of Huawei, Gionee, Coolpad, Vivo, Nubia, ZTE etc. The Indian smartphone industry is being represented by Micromax, Intex, Lava, Karbonn, etc.
The release notes, “The event is aimed at strengthening Indian mobile phone and component manufacturing ecosystem in sync with the Honorable Prime Minister’s ‘Make in India’ and ‘Digital India’ programs. Industry bigwigs like Peter Lee, COO Huawei, Josh Foulger, MD Foxconn, Keshav Bansal, Director, Intex, S.N. Rai, Co-founder and Director, Lava and many more shall be present to share their views.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The event could well be a curtain raiser for a global trade show in the likes of Consumer Electronics Show and Mobile World Congress.