Huawei has sent out invites for the launch of its Honor 8 smartphone in India on October 12. Honor 8 was launched in China on July 12, and was launched in the US on August 18. The phone comes with a dual rear 12MP camera array that was first seen on the Huawei P9, but does not coming with the Leica branding.
Huawei Honor 8 features a 5.2-inch FHD display (1080 x 1920 pixels), and is powered by the company’s own octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 950 processor – coupled with a Mali-T880 MP4 GPU. It comes with 3GB/4GB RAM and 32GB/ 64GB of storage (expandable to 256GB). The phone is running Android 6.0 Marshmallow and weighs 153 gms.
Watch our technology videos here
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The primary shooter on the Honor 8 is a dual rear 12MP setup that comes with laser auto-focus and dual-LED flash. It is capable of recording 1080p video at 60 frames per second. The front camera on the device is 8MP with a f/2.4 aperture. The phone is backed by a 3000 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery that supports fast charging. Using Smart Power 4.0, the company claims the phone can charge to 47 per cent in 30 minutes using USB-C port.
The phone comes with a rear fingerprint scanner that support multiple modes of use. The phone is expected to be launched in Black, Blue and White colour variants.
The phone is priced in US at $400 (approx Rs 26,600) for the 32GB variant and $450 (approx Rs 30,000) for the 64GB variant.
In a conversation with IndianExpress.com, Allen Wang, President – Huawei Consumer Business in India hinted that the company plans to launch high-end products based on the Ascend series and Huawei P series, under the Honor brand.