Honor 5X and Holly 2 Plus has been launched by the company in India at Rs 12,999 and Rs 8,499 respectively. Huawei’s online brand Honor has partnered both Flipkart and Amazon for the sale of these smartphones.
The Honor 5X comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display and is powered by second generation 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor. The smartphone comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage with support for microSD card. The device was recently launched in China and features metal unibody design like Honor 7 smartphone.
Honor 5X comes with 360 degree fingerprint sensor which allows users to unlock the device by keeping the finger in any orientation, its accurate and fast too. Huawei claims that its Honor 7 and Nexus 6P smartphones have received satisfaction rating of 4.5 on Flipkart.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The Honor 5X smartphone is now available for pre-order from Amazon India and Flipkart. The device goes on sale from February 1 at Rs 12,999.
The other smartphone Holly 2 Plus is Huawei’s answer to the budget big battery smartphone segment. The Honor Holly 2 Plus features a 5-inch display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. The smartphone comes with a 13 megapixel rear camera and a 5 megapixel front camera.
The Holly 2 Plus is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core Mediatek processor coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card. Huawei Honor Holly 2 Plus has a 4, 000mAh battery. On the connectivity front, it supports 4G LTE, 2G, 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth.
Both the smartphones run EMUI 3.1 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop and will be upgradable to EMUI 4.0 based Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The smartphones are an attempt by Honor to expand its popularity in the online smartphone space.
Huawei claims to be the third largest smartphone manufacturer and its Honor brand has reached 90 million users globally. The company also plans to introduce India specific contents with EMUI 4.0 with some of its Indian workforce working on new software.
The Honor Holly 2 Plus will be available from Amazon India and Flipkart starting from February 15. The device is priced at Rs 8,499 and will go against the likes of Lenovo Vibe P1m and Xiaomi’s Redmi 2 Prime.