Honor 5X and Holly 2 Plus has been launched by the company in India at Rs 12,999 and Rs 8,499 respectively. Huawei’s online brand Honor has partnered both Flipkart and Amazon for the sale of these smartphones.
The Honor 5X comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display and is powered by second generation 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor. The smartphone comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage with support for microSD card. The device was recently launched in China and features metal unibody design like Honor 7 smartphone.
Honor 5X comes with 360 degree fingerprint sensor which allows users to unlock the device by keeping the finger in any orientation, its accurate and fast too. Huawei claims that its Honor 7 and Nexus 6P smartphones have received satisfaction rating of 4.5 on Flipkart.
The Honor 5X smartphone is now available for pre-order from Amazon India and Flipkart. The device goes on sale from February 1 at Rs 12,999.
The other smartphone Holly 2 Plus is Huawei’s answer to the budget big battery smartphone segment. The Honor Holly 2 Plus features a 5-inch display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. The smartphone comes with a 13 megapixel rear camera and a 5 megapixel front camera.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The Holly 2 Plus is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core Mediatek processor coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card. Huawei Honor Holly 2 Plus has a 4, 000mAh battery. On the connectivity front, it supports 4G LTE, 2G, 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth.
Both the smartphones run EMUI 3.1 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop and will be upgradable to EMUI 4.0 based Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The smartphones are an attempt by Honor to expand its popularity in the online smartphone space.
Huawei claims to be the third largest smartphone manufacturer and its Honor brand has reached 90 million users globally. The company also plans to introduce India specific contents with EMUI 4.0 with some of its Indian workforce working on new software.
The Honor Holly 2 Plus will be available from Amazon India and Flipkart starting from February 15. The device is priced at Rs 8,499 and will go against the likes of Lenovo Vibe P1m and Xiaomi’s Redmi 2 Prime.