HTC, after bombarding the Indian market with smartphones catering to all price ranges over the past few months, on Friday launched a flagship phone and an affordable mid-range device. The HTC One E8 will cost just under Rs 35,000 while the HTC Desire 616 has been priced Rs 16,900.
Speaking to indianexpress.com, Chialin Chang, Chief Financial Officer of HTC, said almost all its new phones, except the top-end one range, are now made keeping the Indian consumer in mind. “It is because India is not only an important market, but also a very strategic one for us,” he said. Chang said HTC knew that not everyone could afford the flagship phones and that was why it was launching phones offering great design and experience at lower price points too.
Asked what it thinks of the competition from global players like Asus and Motorola which were launching smartphones at very affordable prices in India, Chang explained: “We understand the competiton. But we are here for the long term and believe in delivering on our brand promise and experience.”
The HTC One (E8) is a stylish lightweight device that reminds one of the HTC One. The phone comes with Motion Launch, HTC BoomSound and a 5MP front-facing and 13MP rear-facing camera. The 5-inch phone is powered by a top of the line 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of onboard memory. It comes with a 2600 mAh battery.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The HTC Desire 616 dual sim also has a 5-inch screen, but is powered by a 1.4GHz octa-core processor with 1GB RAM and 4GB onboard storage. The phone has a 8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera.