HTC, after bombarding the Indian market with smartphones catering to all price ranges over the past few months, on Friday launched a flagship phone and an affordable mid-range device. The HTC One E8 will cost just under Rs 35,000 while the HTC Desire 616 has been priced Rs 16,900.
Speaking to indianexpress.com, Chialin Chang, Chief Financial Officer of HTC, said almost all its new phones, except the top-end one range, are now made keeping the Indian consumer in mind. “It is because India is not only an important market, but also a very strategic one for us,” he said. Chang said HTC knew that not everyone could afford the flagship phones and that was why it was launching phones offering great design and experience at lower price points too.
Asked what it thinks of the competition from global players like Asus and Motorola which were launching smartphones at very affordable prices in India, Chang explained: “We understand the competiton. But we are here for the long term and believe in delivering on our brand promise and experience.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The HTC One (E8) is a stylish lightweight device that reminds one of the HTC One. The phone comes with Motion Launch, HTC BoomSound and a 5MP front-facing and 13MP rear-facing camera. The 5-inch phone is powered by a top of the line 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of onboard memory. It comes with a 2600 mAh battery.
The HTC Desire 616 dual sim also has a 5-inch screen, but is powered by a 1.4GHz octa-core processor with 1GB RAM and 4GB onboard storage. The phone has a 8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera.