Huawei has been climbing the smartphone shipments ladder on an aggressive note lately. The company is currently the leader in Chinese smartphone market and globally No 3 in terms of shipments and the latest announcements give a hint at company’s ambitions to grow the market share. Huawei’s online only Honor brand has announced three new products – Honor 6X, MediaPad 2 and Watch S1 at an event in China.
The Honor 6X follows on the footsteps of Honor 8 and Huawei P9 with its dual rear camera setup. The smartphone features a 5.5-inch display with a full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The display supports ten-point multitouch with a pixel density of 403ppi. The smartphone is powered by company’s octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 655 processor coupled with Mali T830-MP2 GPU. Honor 6X comes in three storage variants – 3/32GB, 4/32GB and 4/64GB. The smartphone comes with dual 12MP rear camera like Honor 8 and a single 8MP front camera. The smartphone is backed by 3,340mAh battery and uses microUSB port.
Honor has also launched Honor Pad 2 and Honor S1 smartwatch. The new tablet from Honor features an 8-inch display with resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels and 16:10 aspect ratio. Under the hood of the tablet, there is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor, 3GB RAM and 16/32GB expandable storage. The tablet runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.0 on top of it. Honor Pad 2 sports an 8MP primary camera and a 2MP secondary camera. The 8.1mm thick tablet supports 4G LTE and is backed by a 4,800mAh battery.
Honor has also expanded its wearable offering with the new S1 smartwatch. Honor S1 features a 1.4-inch LCD display with a resolution of 208 x 208 pixels. The smartwatch is compatible with Android 4.4 and above, iOS 8.0 or higher. The smartwatch is IP68 dustproof and waterproof up to 50 meters.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The smartwatch works via Bluetooth 4.2 and uses microUSB port for charging. The smartwatch is made out of aluminium and is available with 18 or 20mm strap. There is accelerometer. 6-axis gyroscope, heart monitor and ambient light sensor.