Truly ushering in the launch of Mozilla’s Firefox OS into the Indian smartphone space, Intex Technologies will launch its new ‘Cloud FX’ smartphone on Monday. The company claims this will be India’s cheapest smartphone. That is a hard bargain to push as just on Friday Spice has announced its Spice Fire One Mi – FX 1 at Rs 2,299. In all probability Intex might go to a price point just under Rs 2,000.
The Spice Fire One Mi – FX 1 comes with 2G Dual sim and has a 1 GHz processor, 2.5 G connectivity, 8.89 cm HVGA capacitive touchscreen and 2MP primary camera + 1.3 MP front camera. The nearest Android competitor would be the Micromax Bolt A24, priced at Rs 2,555 on Flipkart.com. At least on paper, the Firefox offerings seem to have an advantage at the moment.
The new price points might prompt a lot of entry level mobile phone users to make the switch to a smartphone. However, on the flipside it is unlikely for a smartphone to last the three or four years and average smartphone users ends up using his device. The long term cost of ownership also seems to be much lower for the feature phone and might put off some users. Still, access to the Internet might prompt many users to overlook these points.
However, there is no doubt that with the launch of Firefox OS in India, the entry level customer now has much more choice than before.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016