With most of India’s top smartphone manufacturers adopting its Gorilla Glass for their products, Corning has announced that its new Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with native damage resistance and Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass are now available in the country.
“We are talking to Indian manufacturers and understanding what their needs and concerns are. We see an emerging leadership position for local OEMs in the smartphone space and we want to ensure we have the channels open,” J E Hollis, director for worldwide sales and applications engineering at Corning Glass technologies told IndianExpress.com.
Corning Gorilla glass is now found in 2.5 billion devices worldwide and is used by 33 brands in over 2,400 device designs. The company is now exploring curved glass technologies. “In fact, we want to be available on every device that has touch,” Hollis said.
Corning has become the cover glass of choice for high and mid-end devices. But Hollis added that the company was not limited to premium devices and is available in affordable phones too. Explaining the value proposition behind Gorilla Glass, he said: “Our key value proposition is retain strength. Materials can be very strong when they are new, but the key around reliability is that these material hold up and provide the consumers a pleasurable experience over a period time.”
Corning has already launched anti-microbial glass which inhibits the growth of algae, mold, mildew, fungi, and bacteria because of its built-in antimicrobial property, which is intrinsic to the glass and effective for the lifetime of a device. The company is now working on anti-reflective glass which will try and solve one of the main pain points in mobile technology at the moment, said Dr. Joydeep Lahiri, Director, Division Vice President and Program Director, Specialty Surfaces.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Corning is a $8 billion company with over 30,000 employees the world over. It has been active in India since 1988 and has been manufacturing fibre optics in the country since 2012.