It’s official. Your thick Indian accent is now good enough to be recognised by Google, or Google voice search has become good enough to understand the ways we speak the Queen’s language.
At a demo, Google showcased how the voice search features on your mobile phone can now be called upon to find the nearest movie theatre where that movie you want to see is showing as well as to pull up a review and trailer of the same.
“We deployed 700 volunteers across India to collect voice samples and used our engines to analyse the data,” said Sandeep Menon’s Google India’s Head of Marketing. “Since all the analysis is cloud based, the system learns and gets better as more people use it,” he said, explaining why more India’s should be using the service now.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Menon said Google has also become good enough to give you answers to questions instead of throwing up keyword based queries. You can also use voice search now to execute commands like ‘Call Home’ or send a specific SMS to someone. Voice search is available on all devices running Android 2.3 upwards or iOS devices using the Google Search app.
India is a predominantly Android smartphone market with over 85 per cent market share.