Google Pixel and Pixel users in Canada have started receiving an update that adds ‘Double-tap to check phone’ and ‘Lift to check phone’ features. The new ‘Moves’ makes it easier for users to check notifications on their Pixel smartphones, without unlocking the screen. The ‘Double-tap to check phone’ move allows users to check for notifications by double tapping on their Pixel smartphone. ‘Lift to check phone’ feature simply wakes the screen to show notifications when you lift off your Pixel smartphone from a surface.
The system update is 261.6 MB in size and has been only rolled out for Canadian Pixel users as of now, reported Droid Life. There’s now word on when it will be available in the US. “I’m still on NDE63X. I’m in America on and got my phone at Verizon. So far they’ve been great at getting the updates to us fast, but I’m not getting any notifications of new update 😫,” said a Reddit user who goes by the name digital-dj.
The update has a build number NPF26J. It reads, “This update fixes critical bugs and improves the performance and stability of your Pixel.” The features can be enabled from ‘Moves’ in the general ‘Settings’ menu. The ‘Double-tap to check phone’ and ‘Lift to check phone’ can be found along with ‘Swipe for notifications’, ‘Jump to Camera’ and ‘Flip Camera’ options in Moves menu.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Google officially announced the launch of the Pixel and Pixel XL on October 4 in San Francisco. The phone went on sale in India on October 13 at a starting price of Rs 57,000. However, Google Pixel is having some teething issues when it comes to Band 4 LTE (1700 MHz), which is most commonly used in America. Users of the Pixel and Pixel XL in South America posted on Google’s product forum complaining that even on an LTE network they only receive an HSPA+ connection.