Google Pixel, Pixel XL shipments in the US are delayed as demand has exceeded supply, according to a report on 9to5Google. The report points out many US customers who had ordered the phone from the Google Store online have got the devices late, while some still see the order listed as ‘Pending’ or ‘Pre-ordered.’
The report also adds Google’s Pixel, Pixel Xl won’t start shipping until mid-November due to a high demand for the new phone. It seems even contacting Google’s customer helpline is not of much help to those who are waiting for the phones, and the report says shipping delay is nearly three weeks. Google also issued a statement to the website, saying the “demand has exceeded our expectations,” and they are trying to restock their inventory soon.
In India, if you try and place an order for the Google Pixel smartphone, Flipkart which is the authorised online seller is showing a delivery date of November 5. The phones were up for pre-order by October 13, and had officially hit the stores on October 24. Google India hasn’t yet given a statement on where there will delayed in shipments out here as well.
Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones start at Rs 57,000 and Rs 67,000 in India. Google Pixel series comes in two storage options: 32GB and 128GB for both phones. However, the company is promising unlimited storage space for photos, videos in full resolution on Google Photos app, and the phone will automatically start backing up these on the cloud. Once the device runs out of space, on device copies will be deleted, although a user can download these again later on.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Google Pixel smartphones come with the latest Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with 4GB RAM and a 12.3 MP rear camera with f/2.0. Google says this is the best camera on a smartphone yet, and it relies on EIS, not OIS for improved low-light performance. In our review, we felt the camera was one the fastest, and delivers some excellent low-light results as well.
However, Google’s Pixel smartphones are not completely water-resistant, and don’t have a microSD slot for extra storage. Both phones run the latest Android 7.1 Nougat with the exclusive Pixel launcher on top. Also the new Google Assistant is exclusive to the Pixel series for now, and appears when a user long presses the home-screen button.