Google Pixel and Pixel XL will get guaranteed software updates till 2018. The same was confirmed by the company in a Google support page. The page reads, “Pixel phones get Android version updates for at least 2 years from when the device became available on the Google Store. After 2 years, we can’t guarantee additional updates.” Users who’ve bought Google’s new Pixel smartphones directly from Google Store will receive the updates within 2 weeks. However, updates may take longer to arrive on devices bought from a mobile carrier or somewhere else.
As for security updates, Google will be pushing out updates on a regular basis and these will be automatically downloaded in the background. According to Google support page, the new Google Pixel smartphones will get security patches ‘for at least 3 years from when the device first became available, or at least 18 months from when the Google Store last sold the device, whichever is longer.’ This means that Google Pixel smartphones are expected to get security updates until 2019.
Google Pixel and Pixel XL are new ‘Made by Google’ smartphones that come with Google Assistant built-in. They come with a 12.3MP rear camera, which the company claims has scored the highest on DXO Mark (89). The smartphones are similar in terms of specifications expect the screen size and battery capacity. Google Pixel gets a 5-inch full HD display while the Pixel XL features a 5.5-inch Quad HD screen. They come with the new Pixel launched as well.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Google Pixel and Pixel XL have an aluminum and glass design. Google’s new smartphones are powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor with 4GB RAM and 32GB/128 internal storage. Google Pixel and Pixel feature pixel imprint fingerprint sensor and support USB-C port for charging. Pixel is backed by a 2,770 mAh battery while Pixel XL gets a bigger 3,450 mAh battery. The smartphones also feature 3.5mm headphone jack.
Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones are available for pre-order on Flipkart in India. However, Flipkart only lists ‘Quite Black’ colour variant for now, as ‘Very Silver’ and ‘Really Blue’ both not available in India yet. Google Pixel is priced at Rs 57,000 for 32GB version in India. The 128GB variant of Google Pixel costs Rs 66,000. Google Pixel XL is available at Rs 67,000 for 32GB storage variant and Rs 76,000 for 128GB version. Here’s a look at the unique features of these phones.
In our first impressions of the smartphone, we said Google Assistant appears to do a lot of the stuff that your Google Now can do as well. However, it is a lot more conversational. The difference with the Assistant and Google Now is that the former can have a conversation with you about random stuff. We observed Pixel XL’s camera is fast and there’s no shutter lag, even in low-light. We’ll have more on the Google Pixel XL in the coming week.