Google has launched Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones with pre-bookings in India starting as early as October 13. The search giant has ditched the Nexus branding in favour of the Pixel brand name, which brings synergy between all Google hardware. With Pixel phones, Google is officially into Pixel branded notebook, tablets and smartphones.
Google Pixel and Pixel XL are unique in many ways. The smartphones bring new design language that has been controlled by Google and also invoke a new sense of hardware responsibility for the company. With Pixel, Pixel XL, Google is leading the Android brigade in fight against Apple’s recently launched iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
But what differentiates this phone? Well, Google thinks there are 10, and we list them here.
1. Form factor: Like last year, Google has introduced two new Pixel smartphone at its ‘MadebyGoogle’ event. Google Pixels come in 5-inch and 5.5-inch screen sizes. The smartphones will be available in black and silver colour options. Both the devices are built using aerospace-grade aluminium unibody and feature smooth surfaces unlike previous Nexus smartphones.
2. Google Assistant built-in: Pixel and Pixel XL are the first smartphones to come with Google Assistant built-in. The Google Assistant replaces Google Now with even more functionality than ever before.
3. Camera: Google is touting Pixel and Pixel XL’s camera as the best ever packed into a smartphone. Google is even using DxoMark in order to prove the mettle of its ssmartphone cameras. Google says Pixel and Pixel XL score 89, which puts it right ahead of HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
4. Unlimited Google Photos storage: With Pixel and Pixel XL, Google is offering unlimited online for photos and videos in Google Photos. The search giant says Pixel owners can store everything in full resolution.
5. Google Duo: With Pixel, Pixel XL, Google is building its latest video calling app right into the smartphone. The app works across Android and iOS and starting a video call is very easy. With Knock Knock feature, Duo users will see a preview of the caller before they pick up, so you never miss a moment.
6. Pixel Imprint: Google is renaming Nexus Imprint to Pixel imprint, which uses unique fingerprint to unlock the phone quickly. The fingerprint sensor is placed on the back like last year and offers quick access to all apps, texts and emails. Google is introducing Moves, which offers notifications right from the fingerprint sensor.
7. Battery: Google’s Nexus range has always had class leading battery life and now offers quick charging support too. Google Pixel and Pixel XL now support quick charging with 15 minutes of charging offering 7 hours of battery life.
8. Personalised case: Google is introducing a customised live case designed with Google Earth and Google Trends.
9. Expert care: With your Pixel, a Google support expert is just a tap away. Need help? Just open the Settings app on your device and tap the Support tab. You can even share your screen with an expert who will walk you step-by-step to a solution.
10. Easy switching to Pixel smartphone: Transfer your contacts, photos, videos, music, iMessages, SMS messages and more. Just connect your current phone to your new Pixel with the Quick Switch Adapter to transfer your content. Sign-in and select what you want to move over. That’s it.