Google has officially announced Pixel and Pixel smartphones at a special event in San Francisco, California. Google’s Rick Osterloh says Pixel represents the best of hardware and software designed by Google. Google Pixel and Pixel XL will start at Rs 57,000 and will be available for preorder starting from October 13.
Google says Pixel and Pixel XL are built on five pillars – Google Assistant, Photography, Storage, Communications and Virtual reality. Google Pixel and Pixel XL come with Pixel launcher and use rounded icons for cleaner look. There is no search bar at the top and tapping the home button launches Google Assistant.
Watch all our tech videos below
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Google Assistant now also gets contextually relevant information by long pressing the home button similar to Now on Tap and Google Assistant works in the context of your screen.
Google Pixel and Pixel XL feature 5-inch and 5.5-inch displays with Full HD and Quad HD resolution. The smartphones are powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with 4GB RAM and 32GB storage.
Both the Pixel smartphones feature an all new 12.3MP rear camera with large 1.55 micron pixels and f/2.0 aperture. Google’s Pixel and Pixel XL has scored 89 on DxoMark’s camera rating. Google’s camera brings Smartburst feature which clicks multiple images at once and suggest the best one based on the result. Google’s Rakowski says the cameras support zero shutter lag. The cameras come with OIS and support 4K video recording.
Google Pixel and Pixel support pixel imprint fingerprint sensor and use USB-C port for charging. Pixel comes with a 2,770mAh battery while Pixel XL gets a bigger 3,450mAh battery. The smartphones also feature 3.5mm headphone jack. Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones will start at $649 and will be available from Google and Verizon in US. Google Pixel and Pixel XL will be available in Black, Silver and limited edition Blue colour variant.
Google has now confirmed that Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones start at Rs 57,000 in India. The smartphone will be available for prebooking in India starting from October 13. Google Pixel with 32GB and 128 storage options will be available at Rs 57,000 and Rs 66,000 respectively while the larger Pixel XL will set prospective buyers by Rs 67,000 and Rs 76,000 for 32GB and 128GB variants respectively.
Right from the ‘Made By Google’ branding to the price, Google is directly aiming at Apple – which has been selling its smartphones at a premium since the launch of original iPhone.