Google Pixel, Pixel XL, the first ‘Made by Google’ smartphones, have now been announced. Google is bringing these phones to India as well during the launch phase and the pre-orders start from October 13. Both phones are made by Google and don’t have any other OEM’s branding. Here are all your questions on Google Pixel, Pixel XL phones answered.
What are Google Pixel and Pixel XL phones? What are the specifications?
Google Pixel and Pixel XL come with a 5-inch and 5.5-inch AMOLED displays with Full HD and Quad HD resolution. The Google phones are powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 quad-core processor with 4GB RAM. The storage options are 32GB and 128GB.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Both Pixel smartphones come with a 12.3MP rear camera with large 1.55 micron pixels and f/2.0 aperture. It has features like HDR + and Smartburst. The phones support 4K recording and have video-stabilisation as well. The front camera is 8 MP.
Google Pixel and Pixel XL have a Pixel imprint fingerprint sensor on the back, and use USB-C port for charging. Pixel comes with a 2,770mAh battery, while Pixel XL gets a bigger 3,450mAh battery.
The phones come in three colours: Black, Blue and Silver. Blue is limited edition bit and it appears to be sold out in the US already. Both phones are a single-SIM and there is no microSD card.
When are the Google Pixel phones coming to India and what is the pricing?
Google Pixel, Pixel XL launch in India in October and the pre-orders start on October 13 on Flipkart. Reliance Digital, Croma stores will also have the new Pixel smartphones. Pricing starts at Rs 57,000 for 32GB version and Rs 66,000 for 128GB. Pixel XL is Rs 67,000 for 32GB and Rs 76,000 for 128GB. So yes, these are expensive devices, though still cheaper than the new iPhone 7 in India.
What about software on the Google Pixel phones?
Google Pixel devices run the Android Nougat 7.1 update and have some exclusive features which you won’t get on any other Android phone, including Nexus. For instance, long pressing on the home button will open up the Google Assistant which is exclusive to Pixel. Google Assistant is exactly like it is on Google Allo app, and it will do tasks for you like setting alarms, give news updates, search for movies close by, etc.
Google Pixel phones have their own launcher as well with a redesigned app drawer, a new G search bar with only the G logo on top. There’s also no Hangouts app on the Pixel phones and it comes with Allo and Duo installed.
Also Google Pixel users get unlimited storage space for their photos. They can store photos in full resolution, even 4K video on Google Photos. If a user starts running out space on the device, photos will deleted from the device itself and instead backed-up on the cloud, and can be accessed via the Google Photos app. The resolution won’t be lowered.
So what about servicing, etc? Who takes care of that?
This is a Made by Google phone and so the servicing will be taken care of by them. Google Pixel phones have a Support option the settings and users will be able to chat with customer care representatives from the phone itself. They have the option of sharing screen to point a problem and the customer care rep will be able to point out exactly what they should do to resolve it.
Pixel users will have access to a toll free phone support number along with over 50 walk-in service centres across 30+ cities in India, says Google.