Now that Apple iPhone 7 is turning almost a month old device, it sets stage for Google to show off its own hardware. Google has already confirmed its ‘Made by Google’ event for October 4 and it is certainly going to be an hardware feast.
Google is all set to announce Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones, the successors to Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P at the big stage. Earlier rumours and leaked images hinted at the design of Pixel range and now we have our best look yet at what Google’s hardware might look like. Steve Hemmerstoffer, who goes by the name of Onleaks on Twitter, has leaked renders of Pixel XL smartphone revealing the dimensions and design language.
WATCH VIDEO: Google Pixel Leaks: Here’s What Is Out So Far
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The 360 degree renders revealed by OnLeaks leave nothing for us to imagine. The images tweeted by OnLeaks confirm the previously rumoured dual tone design. According to Android Authority, Google Pixel will measure 143.85 mm x 65.9 mm x 7.3 mm in terms of dimensions while the large Pixel XL is reported to have dimensions – 154.7 mm x 75.7 mm x 7.3 mm. The report claims both the smartphones will measure 7.3 mm at their thinnest point thick and 8.5 mm at their thickest point.
Google Pixel is reported to feature a 5-inch display while Pixel XL gets a larger 5.5-inch display. Both Pixel and Pixel XL will be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with 4GB RAM and at least 32GB storage. Google Pixel and Pixel XL will run Android 7.1 Nougat with new feature enhancements.
The design shows a rear fingerprint scanner like last year’s Nexus lineup and a combination of metal and glass rear panel. The smartphone is rumoured to feature IPX3 certification, meaning they will be just safe from drop in water but not completely water resistant.
Google Pixel is likely to feature a 2,770mAh battery while Pixel XL will get a bigger 3,450mAh battery. Google is also likely to introduce new Pixel launcher, with emphasis on faster access and tweaked out icons.