Google Pixel smartphones have got a six out of 10 when it comes to repairs, scoring just under the Apple iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus which notched a score of seven, according to iFixit. iFixit is known for opening up the latest smartphones, and ranking them on how easy it would be to repair these devices. The iFixit teardown also tends to reveal the components being used inside smartphones, and in case of the iPhone this is particularly useful.
According to iFixit’s teardown, in case of the Google Pixel many components are modular and can be replaced after the removing the display assembly. The battery also has a “removal tab” and changing it is a fairly “painless,” process.
However, iFixit notes the “thin, poorly-supported display assembly” means opening up this device won’t be so easy and you are likely to cause some damage. Also removing the “midframe” is not so easy. The iFixit teardown reveals Google Pixel uses Samsung Universal Flash Storage (UFS) 2.0 as well as RAM from the South Korean company. In case of the processor, two cores are clocked at 2.15 GHz and two at 1.6 Ghz.
In case of the iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus iFixit has revealed the former comes with Samsung 2 GB LPDDR4 RAM while the bigger phone has Samsung 3 GB LPDDR4 RAM. The battery on the iPhone 7 Plus is 2900 mAh, which is slightly more than the 2750 mAh of the earlier iPhone 6s Plus. The smaller iPhone 7 has a 1960 mAh battery, which is an increase from last year’s 6s model.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
According to iFixit, removing the battery is not so difficult on the iPhone 7 series, and the water and dust resistance means these phones won’t need so much repairs at least for accidental spills. Google’s Pixel smartphones don’t come with water or dust resistance.
In India, Google Pixel, Pixel XL stores will be up for sale in stores from tomorrow, which is October 25. Both phones are open for pre-order on Flipkart currently. Google Pixel starts at Rs 57,000, Pixel XL costs Rs 67,000. Google is launching these phones in only two variants: 32GB and 128GB storage. There’s no microSD slot to expand memory, although Google is giving unlimited storage for photos, videos to Pixel users on the Google Photos app.
Google will have a special helpline in India for Pixel, Pixel XL after sales support. The support is embedded in the settings of the Pixel smartphone.