Google Pixel, Pixel XL are all set to be unveiled by the search giant. Google is hosting a special event in San Francisco, which will start at 9.00 am PST, which is around 9.30 PM IST on October 4, 2016. Google will be streaming the event live on YouTube, and there are other hardware announcements expected as well including Google Home, and a new 4K ready Chromecast. So here’s a look at all that is expect from Google’s Pixel event.
WATCH VIDEO: Google Pixel Leaks: Here’s What Is Out So Far
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
1) What is the company launching at the Google Pixel event?
Google will be launching two new smartphones: Pixel and Pixel XL. According to the ads, the stress is on ‘Made by Google’ with these phones. Google is ending the Nexus branding, which was always in partnership with another OEM like say the LG Google Nexus or the Huawei Google Nexus 6P. Instead this phone will be all about Google branding, and while HTC is manufacturing the phone, pretty much everything from design to hardware is being decided by the search giant.
2) So what time is the event and will I be able to stream the Google Pixel event online in India?
Google’s event take place in San Francisco and it will start at 9.00 am PST which is around 9.30 India Time on October 4. Google will have a livestream for this event and it will be available on YouTube on the official Google Search channel.
3) What’s the big deal with Google Pixel phones? Who is really making these phones ?
Pixel phones are all about ‘Made by Google’ and will be premium smartphones from the company. Think of the Pixel tablets and laptops from Google, which have always carried a premium pricing and more importantly challenged Apple’s products. With the Pixel smartphones, the target is the iPhone 7 and Google’s ads are making it clear. All reports indicate Google will go for a premium pricing; $649 could be the starting price.
4) What will be the specifications of Google Pixel phones?
According to leaks by Android Authority, Google Pixel will measure 143.85 mm x 65.9 mm x 7.3 mm in terms of dimensions while the large Pixel XL is reported to have dimensions – 154.7 mm x 75.7 mm x 7.3 mm. The report claims both the smartphones will measure 7.3 mm at their thinnest point and 8.5 mm at their thickest point.
Google Pixel is reported to feature a 5-inch display while Pixel XL will get a larger 5.5-inch display. Both phones will run the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with 4GB RAM. On the design side, Google is going for unibody design with dual-tone metal and glass.
5) Will this be a pure Google phone?
Google Pixel will run Android Nougat 7.1, according to leaks. It seems Google has already changed the Nexus launcher and renamed it as Pixel launcher. One of the highlights in this is that the Google Search bar now shows just as Simple G logo on top. The new phones will definitely have some additional software features. Google CEO Sundar Pichai in one of his earlier interviews had hinted that the company plans to do more on the software level with regard to the ‘Nexus’ phones. Of course, Nexus is not happening, but Pixel could come packed with something extra than just Vanilla Android.
We could also expect some announcements around DayDream VR Platform as well.
6) What else will be announced at the Google Pixel event?
Google’s Pixel event will be all about the hardware and there are reports the new Google Chromecast and Google Home device will also be launched. Google Chromecast is expected to come with support for 4K content, according to reports. Google Home is the speaker powered by Google Assistant and a direct challenger to Amazon’s Echo device. Google Home is expected to be priced around $130.
7) When will these smartphones launch in India?
There’s no word on when these smartphones will launch in India or globally either. The last Nexus phones had made it to India soon after launch and the price started at Rs 27,000 for the Nexus 5X while the Nexus 6P cost Rs 42,999. We’ll have to wait to see how soon Google brings these phones to India, and what sort of pricing they go with.