Google is developing a new third-party keyboard for iPhone. Apple opened up its keyboard API for third-party keyboard developers with iOS 8 in June 2014.
According to The Verge, Google wants to put company’s search engine in the interface of its keyboard. This could well be the only way, Google can differentiate its keyboard from other offerings like SwiftKey and Swipe.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While it is unclear when Google plans to release the keyboard, there is also a possibility that this keyboard will never ever come to an iPhone. The prominent features of Google keyboard for iOS would be gesture-based typing which allows to slide finger from one letter to the next.
Also tapping on the Google logo gives access to traditional web search, says The Verge. The report also says that the design of the keyboard would be different from the Android version.
However, third-party keyboards haven’t really been that successful on Apple’s mobile operating system. Most have been sluggish and Apple’s own keyboard has improved a great deal lately. It will be interesting if Google manages to buck the trend or ends up being just another app on the iOS catalogue.