Google has put out its latest chart indicating the percentage of devices running on different Android versions and Android Marshmallow 6.0 now has 2.3 % users. The data reflects devices running on the Google play store collected in the first 7 days of March.
It is worth noting that devices on the latest Marshmallow 6.0 have increased from 1.2 percent in February to 2.3 percent now. Android Lollipop also gained from 34.1 percent to 36.1 percent in March. According to the chart, the number of users on Lollipop 5.0 version is 16.9 percent and those on Lollipop 5.1 are 19.2 percent.
We can also see a drop in Android KiKat 4.4 devices from 35.5 percent in February to 34.3 percent. Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread and Froyo also saw a decline in the number of installations. While Jelly Bean was at 24.7 percent in March; it is reduced to 22.3 percent now. Similarly, Ice Cream Sandwich is down to 2.3 percent, Gingerbread to 2.6 percent and Android Froyo 2.2 to 0.1 percent.
Google’s biggest struggle is getting its latest OS to more and more devices, and it’s been around for sometime now. Marshmallow was fully launched in October 2015 and so far, has progressed to only 2.3 percent devices. Evidently Google’s big OS problem continues to persist.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016