Xiaomi flash sale always brought more frustration than smiles on consumer’s faces and it occurred again with the Redmi 1S. Out of the 40,000 Xiaomi Redmi 1S units that was available in the first flash sale- 2000 was available to Flipkart First subscribers on September 1 while the remaining 38,000 units was up for sale on September 2.
Xiaomi’s global vice president Hugo Barra claimed that a total of 40,000 units were sold within 4.2 seconds today in a tweet, However, there are two points to be noted. Firstly, 38,000 units were available today and not 40,000. Secondly, many users pointed out that how can a simply click take 4.2 seconds given the rush.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The Redmi 1S offers an eye-popping spec sheet at the price of just Rs. 5,999, so, many buyers did not mind spending another Rs. 500 to become Flipkart First subscribers to get their hands on the newly launched smartphone. However, despite being Flipkart’s priority customers many of them were not lucky enough to book the Redmi 1S on both the dates. Especially, if they had opted for the priority service just a day before the sale date.
So, being a Flipkart First subscriber to get Xiaomi phones is now a myth. Also, forget using the Flipkart mobile application to book a Xiaomi smartphone as the possibility is very low.
If you really want to buy Xiaomi smartphones, it seems the only way to do so is to stop all your activities on that blessed Tuesday. Connect to a high speed Internet connection through your laptop or desktop only. Log-in two hours before on the Flipkart site. And click ‘buy’ the moment the timer is out. And of course keep praying!
This flash sale has surely brought smiles on the faces of 40,000 Redmi 1S buyers, however, there are countless disappointed buyers still waiting and hoping to get lucky on September 9. The registration is now open and this time there is no early access for Flipkart First subscribers.
For most buyers in the first Redmi sale, Flipkart First service or using mobile app did not help much unless you had registered for the early sale and was among the lucky 2000. So, before opting for Flipkart First, just ask yourself one question- are you doing it just to buy a Xiaomi phone or you really want the service?
Share your Xiaomi shopping experience at the comment section below.