Xiaomi flash sale always brought more frustration than smiles on consumer’s faces and it occurred again with the Redmi 1S. Out of the 40,000 Xiaomi Redmi 1S units that was available in the first flash sale- 2000 was available to Flipkart First subscribers on September 1 while the remaining 38,000 units was up for sale on September 2.
Xiaomi’s global vice president Hugo Barra claimed that a total of 40,000 units were sold within 4.2 seconds today in a tweet, However, there are two points to be noted. Firstly, 38,000 units were available today and not 40,000. Secondly, many users pointed out that how can a simply click take 4.2 seconds given the rush.
The Redmi 1S offers an eye-popping spec sheet at the price of just Rs. 5,999, so, many buyers did not mind spending another Rs. 500 to become Flipkart First subscribers to get their hands on the newly launched smartphone. However, despite being Flipkart’s priority customers many of them were not lucky enough to book the Redmi 1S on both the dates. Especially, if they had opted for the priority service just a day before the sale date.
So, being a Flipkart First subscriber to get Xiaomi phones is now a myth. Also, forget using the Flipkart mobile application to book a Xiaomi smartphone as the possibility is very low.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
If you really want to buy Xiaomi smartphones, it seems the only way to do so is to stop all your activities on that blessed Tuesday. Connect to a high speed Internet connection through your laptop or desktop only. Log-in two hours before on the Flipkart site. And click ‘buy’ the moment the timer is out. And of course keep praying!
This flash sale has surely brought smiles on the faces of 40,000 Redmi 1S buyers, however, there are countless disappointed buyers still waiting and hoping to get lucky on September 9. The registration is now open and this time there is no early access for Flipkart First subscribers.
For most buyers in the first Redmi sale, Flipkart First service or using mobile app did not help much unless you had registered for the early sale and was among the lucky 2000. So, before opting for Flipkart First, just ask yourself one question- are you doing it just to buy a Xiaomi phone or you really want the service?
Share your Xiaomi shopping experience at the comment section below.